PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to remove stuff off MF.

slickooz
11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Sometimes when you wash your car you pick up little pieces of leafs or steams. Something there are over 20 little pieces on your MF. I been hand picking all these stuff off my MF, is there a faster or quicker way to clean them? I put them in the wash and dry them, still had to pick the dirty stuff off.

Scott DeBrun
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
If I drop a mf and it gets leaf bits and stems all over it I try to pick them off but usually I get aggrevated and throw it away. That's why I"m very careful not to drop my mf. The way I look at it is I would rather throw one away than get 20 corrupted.

Mike Phillips
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
I think anyone that has been using microfiber polishing towels for any length of time has experienced this problem and it's really hard to remove every contaminant to the point where you would trust using the microfiber towel on a swirl and scratch free finish.

One thing you can do is to have dedicated clothes hamper or some kind of storage container that you can place your used microfibers into after use to keep them clean until you wash them.

If you really want to get serious... have a container for microfiber towels used with water soluble products like compounds and polishes and one for microfiber towels used with things like waxes and sealants.

:)

slickooz
11-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks you. I had a couple that had stems and leaves in them, and I put them in with the rest of the MF into the washer.:doh: I guess the only thing I can do is examine each one and pick each one out. I forgot about using them on a swirl free car.

Silverstone
11-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I wonder if one of those lint brushes would work. You know they have all those stiff little fibers all pointing in one direction to sort of comb lint off of fabrics. They might pick debris off of MF. Some are a mitt you put over your hand, and have a larger surface area than the brush type. I'm gonna try that next time.

VISITOR
11-19-2010, 09:02 PM
if there is a good amount of debris/contamination on them, i wouldn't risk using them on the paint and they would be delegated to wheels/engine. otherwise, if there isn't much on them you can use some tweezers and carefully pick them out...

fairlady350z
11-19-2010, 09:19 PM
when that happens to me, I throw the towel in the wheel/engine bin. It really isn't worth trying to get everything out, if there is a lot. Just think, if you missed a couple little specs of debris, it will instill swirls in the car that you just spent hours making swirl-free...

slickooz
11-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I found this in the house.
http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam%C2%AE-Deluxe-Cordless-Fabric-Adopter/dp/B00474IL8I/ref=sr_1_24?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1290228727&sr=1-24

It took care of all the towers. I bought them used and wanted to put them to good use. They are like new again, only stained a bit. They are Corba and they are amazing compared to the cheap ones at Autozone. If anyone has problems getting little stuff out of MF try this.

sohail99
11-20-2010, 08:21 AM
I found this in the house.
Amazon.com: SunbeamŪ Deluxe Cord/Cordless Fabric Shaver with Adopter: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/Sunbeam%C2%AE-Deluxe-Cordless-Fabric-Adopter/dp/B00474IL8I/ref=sr_1_24?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1290228727&sr=1-24)

It took care of all the towers. I bought them used and wanted to put them to good use. They are like new again, only stained a bit. They are Corba and they are amazing compared to the cheap ones at Autozone. If anyone has problems getting little stuff out of MF try this.

Wow! Does it really work?:hungry:

I too have the prob of mf cloth picking up dried leaves and stuff!

slickooz
11-20-2010, 08:26 AM
I had little black stuff all over my MF. I bought used Corba from a friend and wanted to use this when i detail cars. When I got home I then notice how dirty it was and didn't want to waste them on tires etc.... So I was hand picking out all the stuff. Until my mom said why don't you use this. Every detailer need one this. You can prob buy this in stores for a lot cheaper, my mom said she bought it for 6 bucks.

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Hmm...shaved microfiber...isn't someone already selling those? Maybe I'm thinking of blonde borderfree....

Boy that didn't sound right...I was referring to the Zaino towels...for those of you with your minds in the gutter!

jimmyjam
11-20-2010, 04:39 PM
:iagree:
If I drop a mf and it gets leaf bits and stems all over it I try to pick them off but usually I get aggrevated and throw it away. That's why I"m very careful not to drop my mf. The way I look at it is I would rather throw one away than get 20 corrupted.

slickooz
11-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Surprisingly it didn't remove much of the MF, but removed all the stuff the
MF was holding. And when I threw all my MF towers in the washer it didn't contaminate any other MF. Thanks for the idea keeping them in a bin, I usually just leave them in a clean bucket. But you can prob find these lint remover in Wal-mart or Kmart for less then 10 bucks.