PDA

View Full Version : cyclo PROGUARD ORBITAL BACKING PLATE

SPIROS ANTONIOU
11-19-2010, 02:52 AM
hello folks :Picture:

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ALL YOU CYCLO USERS.
I HAVE SEEN THESE THREAD PROGUARD ORBITAL BACKING PLATE.
THROUGH MY RESEARCH ON THESE PLATES I UNDERSTANT THAT YOU USE THESE INSTEAD OF THE RUBBERBOOTS. IAM RIGHT?

2.DID ANYONE OF YOU USE DIFFERENT PADS THAN THE ORIGINAL CYCLO PADS?CAN I USE WOOL PAD ON THESE ?ANY SUGGESTIONS

sorry for my english

Amateur between pros

Jason
11-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Yes the proguard are to be used instead of the rubber boots. You can use any type of pad as long as its 4 inches.

tuscarora dave
11-19-2010, 09:50 AM
I have seen these new backing plates but haven't tried them because I replaced the rubber boot ones with Lake Country 3 3/4" backing plates for the PC. I highly suggest that you go with the LC ones. IMO they are of the best quality, however I would suggest sticking with Genuine Cyclo Pads because they last 100 times longer than other 4" pads. You can buy Genuine Cyclo wool pads in a few different levels of cut. They are very nice wool pads, I even use them on my rotary polisher.

SPIROS ANTONIOU
11-21-2010, 01:35 AM
I have seen these new backing plates but haven't tried them because I replaced the rubber boot ones with Lake Country 3 3/4" backing plates for the PC. I highly suggest that you go with the LC ones. IMO they are of the best quality, however I would suggest sticking with Genuine Cyclo Pads because they last 100 times longer than other 4" pads. You can buy Genuine Cyclo wool pads in a few different levels of cut. They are very nice wool pads, I even use them on my rotary polisher.

As i said in my previous posts i am from cyprus and the shipping cost are very high .Can you suggest me what kind of wool pads i shall order because i dont want to waste my money.

tuscarora dave
11-21-2010, 07:47 AM
As i said in my previous posts i am from cyprus and the shipping cost are very high .Can you suggest me what kind of wool pads i shall order because i dont want to waste my money.
If you are using a Cyclo and want wool pads, these are the only ones I can recommend.
Cyclo 4 Inch Wool Pads, hook and loop wool pads, wool cutting pads (http://www.autogeek.net/cyclo-wool-pads.html)
For foam pads these are the only pads as anything else will fall apart rather quickly.
Cyclo 4 Inch Premium Foam Pads fit on each head of your Cyclo Dual Head Orbital Polisher (http://www.autogeek.net/cyclo-pads.html)
If shipping is an issue and you intend on doing lots of work with your Cyclo I would recommend getting at least ten of each pad. That should last you a year or longer.