PDA

View Full Version : "Cloudy" clearbra

floridaBMW
11-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey folks...wanted to get ur expert opinions on my clearbra. Its a bit "cloudy" hazy in direct sunlight. I cant really see scratches and swirls in it. What would be ur suggestion to bring it back, its less than a year old.

BTW I am loving this site, so much to learn on how to properly clean our cars.

TIA,
Ken

Perfections
11-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the site! And I ask a friend tomorrow that installs them and see if he can chime in for ya :)

350z00m
11-18-2010, 10:36 PM
i did a g35 with heavy clouding on the car hood and fenders.... i used a fine polish.. m205 and white pad and it cleared it up really nice! 8)

Ladyvalea
11-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow!!! I hope my bra doesn't get cloudy....

Camaro2010
11-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I did a vette with a cloudy and had hard water spots on it. After starting with the least aggressive product and pad I final used M105 with a white pad to remove the hard water spots and then used PO83Rd with a gray pad to polish it up. Looked good, but I wasn't satisfied with the clarity of the clear bra.

I then tried the two following produces and was very happy with the way it looked and you couldn't tell that it really had the clear bra on.

I used Diamondite® Clear Plastic Enhancer & Diamondite® Clear Plastic Restorer

These two products work amazing for me. Here are some pic's.

These products worked for me and I'm not advising that this will work for you or advising you to use these products. Always check with the manufacturer of the clear bra first before using any products.

loudog2
11-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow!!! I hope my bra doesn't get cloudy....
:wow:

JonMiles
11-19-2010, 12:25 AM
One thing about those clear bra's, they amplify any defect in the paint that is present when they are applied. Orange peel will really stand out and take away from the overall clarity of the area.

If the haziness is topical, a mild abrasive such as 205 will remove the haze. Just remember when working that plastic and other elastic polymers are very soft and will respond more quickly than paint. Make sure to work at a slightly slower pace than normal, for instance if you polish paint with a rotary at 1800 rpms, drop the rotary down to 1200 for plastic and apply less pressure. This will eliminate the risk for wrinkling the bra by heat build up.

Good luck with everything.

floridaBMW
11-19-2010, 01:03 AM
i did a g35 with heavy clouding on the car hood and fenders.... i used a fine polish.. m205 and white pad and it cleared it up really nice! 8)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give this a try.

Ken