PDA

View Full Version : If u aint got it, GET IT!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Truls
12-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Most of you guys probably got the ShMITT, those who still cant say they got it. GET IT. Got mine (Wheel and orginal) yesterday, and that "thing" is seriously going to get the Nobel price in something. I had a smile on my face during my car washing today, and when i was done i just wanted to wash again.

Its unlike anything ever made for car washing, and it is the biggest invention regarding carwash since they invented water..........eh, almost

alban61
12-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Got mine on Tuesday, and used it yesterday (wife's car), and today (my SUV). Yesterday, it was in the 40's* when I washed the car. Today it was 38* and I was out in t-shirt and sweatpants, washing my SUV. I love the cold weather, and I love the ShMitt!! Didn't take as long to wash the vehicles because the ShMitt really soaks up and holds the water. Less time spent dipping into the wash bucket. It was a breeze to clean off any debris (bits of leaves, stems, etc) on the ShMitt. It was a pain to try to pick out the leaves etc. from the MF mitt I used to use. Now it's relegated to washing the running boards, bumpers and wheels.
I used DP 4 in 1 as a rinseless wash, since hoses aren't allowed, where I live. My vehicles are outdoors 24/7.....no garage.

P1et
12-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks Truls! I'm absolutely getting one before Christmas. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I'm still using a regular Wal*Mart sponge!!!

Alban61: what do you mean hoses aren't allowed?

FloridaNative
12-03-2006, 08:59 PM
I love mine too! I haven't touched my sheepskins since I got mine. :)

MikeyC
12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I love mine too! I haven't touched my sheepskins since I got mine. :)

Me too! Plus I bought two more ShMitts. I now have the white/yellow wash ShMitt, the all white wash ShMItt, and the yellow/white interior ShMitt. :righton:

The Autogeek ShMItt combo packs are really a great deal BTW.

agpatel21
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
ahhhh....everyone talking about the sMitt just makes me wanna get one now!!!1

so how good in the one for the inside? is it worth it as much as the washing mitt?

alban61
12-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks Truls! I'm absolutely getting one before Christmas. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I'm still using a regular Wal*Mart sponge!!!

Alban61: what do you mean hoses aren't allowed?
The mobile home park that I live in doesn't allow outside spigots or use of hoses, sprinklers etc. Waste of water. We're allowed to use power washers once a year to clean the outside of our homes and decks. We don't have water bills because it's included in the lot rent.

XterraOverload
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Well I'm glad your full of Shmitt Truls!!!!!!!!!!
For those of you not full of shmitt well get to it.
Nowadays you just cant be taken seriously as true detailer unless your full of shmitt!!

ryandamartini
12-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the Schmitt club!

You are now full of Schmitt, so go take your schmitt and schmittingly schmitt your car until its schmitt shined! :D

Sorry Xterra, you didnt do a poem since we scared away theat new guy with our schmitt poetry so I had to improvise! :D

supercharged
12-04-2006, 06:08 AM
gotta have the ShMitt!

Russecu
12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
That schmitt is the best. I have the white/yellow wash mitt, wheel schmitt, and just got the yellow/white interior mitt but I think I am going to use it for the lower panels on cars so I do not get the really nasty stuff in my wash mitt. I also have the white schmitt thats going to my brother along with the wolfgang souveran kit for Christmas. These things are great and like stated above the combo is the way to go.:righton:

The Edge
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Most of you guys probably got the ShMITT, those who still cant say they got it. GET IT. Got mine (Wheel and orginal) yesterday, and that "thing" is seriously going to get the Nobel price in something. I had a smile on my face during my car washing today, and when i was done i just wanted to wash again.

Its unlike anything ever made for car washing, and it is the biggest invention regarding carwash since they invented water..........eh, almost

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! You don't know how much we appreciate and LOVE to hear comments like these!!! We worked very hard on creating this product. Many people think that we just used our scrap pads to make the ShMiTT. Nothing could be further from the truth. We built a new custom robotic machine to fabricate them and we start with foam that is made only for the ShMiTT. Notice the hole in the center? It has to be special cut that size only, we could not use our regular pads because they are cut with a 7/8 hole or hex. As for the Nobel Price.... Uhh, we hope you meant Prize?? not that is is too expensive??? So far we have had great sucess with the ShMiTT contrary to alot of naysayers and haters at the begining. Here is post from another forum just a month or so ago!

"Am I the only one who would feel like they're washing their car with a waffled polishing pad?!

I visited Edge Pad's website to read about it. They completely failed to convince me why I shouldn't use my sheepskin. In fact, their reasoning is false in my experience.

When wet with soap, wool feels silky. I use a 2 bucket method with Grit Guards and dunk every couple passes, so no, I am not trapping dirt and yes, it rinses perfectly clean. No I do not drop my mitt on the ground. Sheepskin mitts can conform to any shape wrapped around my hand in order to reach any crack or crevice. My mitts rinse clean with a hose ready to be used again. As a result, I don't marr my paint with sheepskin like the majoity of us here (even my 10 year old, soft as 'butta Honda paint). And that "hairs caught in the emblem" point? That's dopey and inconsequential. I have that with my DF Towels, so should I stop using them?!

In my OPINION, what will happen is there will be a surge in purchasing, then a leveling off and then a significant drop. There will be a few reviews, a few more discussions and then it will be relegated to the scrap heap.

It's intriguing, but I'll stick with sheepskin and my sea sponges."

We were very worried that many people would not be open to trying new products, but the ShMiTT has been recieved very well. Looks like people were already looking for something better!

Truls
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
(Quote)
In my OPINION, what will happen is there will be a surge in purchasing, then a leveling off and then a significant drop. There will be a few reviews, a few more discussions and then it will be relegated to the scrap heap.

It's intriguing, but I'll stick with sheepskin and my sea sponges."

We were very worried that many people would not be open to trying new products, but the ShMiTT has been recieved very well. Looks like people were already looking for something better![/quote]

You cant stop the EVOLUTION, and the ShMITT is just a step in the right directon. Somebody also ment that the telephone just was for fun, and could never be of anny use for the public (doooooH) ShMITT are for the benefitt of all mankind, and for the sheeps too, those poor, cute things, Somebody told me that they was used for food to.....;) I have also used sheepskin, and mf mits, but then i had to use them both when i washed my car, that is no longer an issue after i got the W/Y ShMITT = BRILIANT

Yes its Prize not price, But i know somebody, that know somebody that have a friend that knows a guy that knows the sister of a guy that works in the Nobel price team. you catch (price is prize after all) :D :D

The Edge
12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks Truls!
While we totally agree of course, some people still think that the lambswool, or sheeps skin mitts are softer than our white foam! It will take some time and more reviews to finally win the skeptics over, but we are determined to keep working towards that, and fantastic reviews like yours and all the other FULL OF ShMiTT users are very very much appreciated!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support.

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
Dedication To Detail, Inc.
777 Henderson Blvd.
Suites # 1 & 2
Folcroft, PA 19032
---------------------------------------
( Phone: (610) 583-4883
2 Fax: (610) 583-4885
* Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com (aaron@dedicationtodetail.com)

abrcrombe
12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, the Shmitt is awesome. Aaron was telling me how they love them almost more than their pads!! If you don't have one, you truly are missing out.