PDA

View Full Version : A canundrum

Pages : [1] 2

Scott DeBrun
11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
I'll be going down to the parent's house for Thanksgiving and I have a funny feeling mom is going to want me to clean up her car. It's a 2008 Ford 500 daily driver and since I cleaned it up last April she won't let anyone clean it but me. Yes you heard right she won't even take it to the car wash so this should be fun because there's nothing like cleaning 7 month old dirt off a car. What I'm looking for are opinons on what products you folks would suggest I use. I have at my disposal:
Einzett polish/wax and glanz wax
Menz. powerlock and sealing wax
Pinnacle liquid soveran and souveran.
I was think of using a combo of Einzett , Menz powerlock and liquid souveran so the car will shine but also be protected until next April when I get to it again. Will a combo of these products interact with each other or am I over thinking the job?Feed back please

BobbyG
11-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey Scott,

There's nothing like taking care of your Mom! 7 months of dirt huh!

Well, you'll definitely need to wash it so I hope you have washing supplies at the ready. I'd even consider washing it twice and rinsing it thoroughly.

Stop and pick yourself up a clay bar kit and go over each panel.

You have a very narrow range of products but since one of them is a cleaner polish I'd use this next and in the following order

Einzett polish

Menzerna Power Lock Paint Sealant

Pinnacle Souveran Wax as a last step.

ScottB
11-17-2010, 05:41 PM
she brought you into this world, you need to make her ride thru it clean and shiny ! Both Menzerna Powerlock and Glanz Wax are durable and nice choices.

Bunky
11-17-2010, 06:38 PM
I would give her credit for knowing the damage other washers can do.

swat ss
11-17-2010, 06:49 PM
The big question is, how much do you charge her? lol j/k

I detailed my sisters car for her. Got rid of the D.I.S.O. and horrible water spots it had. I didnt charge her of course, but she did show up with a new pair of Reebok Ziggtechs! lol

Kurt_s
11-17-2010, 07:23 PM
I'll be going down to the parent's house for Thanksgiving and I have a funny feeling mom is going to want me to clean up her car. It's a 2008 Ford 500 daily driver and since I cleaned it up last April she won't let anyone clean it but me. Yes you heard right she won't even take it to the car wash so this should be fun because there's nothing like cleaning 7 month old dirt off a car. What I'm looking for are opinons on what products you folks would suggest I use. I have at my disposal:
Einzett polish/wax and glanz wax
Menz. powerlock and sealing wax
Pinnacle liquid soveran and souveran.
I was think of using a combo of Einzett , Menz powerlock and liquid souveran so the car will shine but also be protected until next April when I get to it again. Will a combo of these products interact with each other or am I over thinking the job?Feed back please
How wonderful for you to do something great for your mom! If it hasn't been washed at the car wash, maybe there won't be any new swirls?

Get some Dawn to wash the car. Will you have buckets, grit guards, wash mitts, wheel brushes and MF towels? +1 on the clay and a clay lube kit.

I'm not sure if the Menz Powerlock is compatible with the Einzett polish/wax which contains a wax. It may be fine, but it is my understanding that sealants need to bond to clean paint unless you use something like Opti-Seal that you can apply over a wax as it migrates throught the wax to the paint.

Since you may use a cleaner wax, I kind of steer towards topping with either the Glanz or Pinnacle Liquid Souveran even if I would prefer the sealant for the winter.

Scott DeBrun
11-17-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't mind cleaning my mom's car but I really wish she would at least let my dad wash it. That's ok if the weather is nice I'll do the best I can considering my niece and sister borrow the car from time to time.:eek::eek: Maybe I need to block off two days if the grandkids have done their usual to the interior, but what the hey they're family.:dblthumb2:

Kurt_s
11-17-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't mind cleaning my mom's car but I really wish she would at least let my dad wash it. That's ok if the weather is nice I'll do the best I can considering my niece and sister borrow the car from time to time.:eek::eek: Maybe I need to block off two days if the grandkids have done their usual to the interior, but what the hey they're family.:dblthumb2:
If it makes you feel any better, my sister in law drove over to attend a Halloween party and brought food to share. She stopped suddenly and it dumped inside the car.

I spent about 2 hours on the car, removing the mess and cleaning most of the rest of the interior too. Let's just say that even her friends commented about how nice the car smelled.

It's all about family! :dblthumb2:

dad07
11-17-2010, 08:48 PM
:dblthumb2: with the Family thing! Have a great Thanksgiving Scott and you will make your mom happy!

Scott DeBrun
11-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks dad07 and a happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the AG forum,I'm sure it will be a good Thanksgiving at my parents in the bussling megalopilis of Fuquay Varina.

dad07
11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Scott i actually know where that is! Its not far from Sanford NC

Scott DeBrun
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Dad07 is Sanford south of Fuquay?

dad07
11-17-2010, 09:37 PM
yes Scott i believe it is....my in-laws live in Pinehurst.....and i traveled #1 to raliegh to work for about a year and 1/2....went thru Sanford and so on...

Scott DeBrun
11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Well if you happen to see a candy apple red 2010 F150 that shines like hell give me a wave.

dad07
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
will do!!! dont get that way much anymore but hell ya never know! anyways have a great thanksgiving and get that car of your moms cleaned up!:xyxthumbs: