PDA

View Full Version : Detailing interior of diesel?

Silv03
11-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Hi ppl, I don't detail for a living but was asked by my buddy who does for some help by the way he's just starting out. He was asked to detail the interior of 53 tractor trailers from Walgreen's, has anybody ever done this type of work before on some many? And what would be the proper way to estimate these diesels out? He has yet to look at them so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

Harleyguy
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi ppl, I don't detail for a living but was asked by my buddy who does for some help by the way he's just starting out. He was asked to detail the interior of 53 tractor trailers from Walgreen's, has anybody ever done this type of work before on some many? And what would be the proper way to estimate these diesels out? He has yet to look at them so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DanielI haven't done any but are you doing the cab or the trailer and are you doing any paint correction? It also depends how bad of shape it's in hard to give a proper estimate without knowing what has to be done.You may want to quote an hourly wage.

rwright
11-17-2010, 01:50 PM
I haven't done any but are you doing the cab or the trailer and are you doing any paint correction? It also depends how bad of shape it's in hard to give a proper estimate without knowing what has to be done.You may want to quote an hourly wage.

:iagree:I did the cab of one semi truck a long time ago, fairly easy. Pay attention to the switches on the dash. Try to ask what they are and how it may effect something if you have to move or accidentally move the switch while cleaning. The panels are pretty large and flat for the most part, which in my opinion makes it easy to clean. Make sure you have plenty of towels handy because some of those trucks are pretty nasty inside. Good luck and don't forget to take some pictures to share. :xyxthumbs:

Silv03
11-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah i was thinking the same thing as far as pay, you think we should give discount for such a large fleet? And its just the cab no exterior.

AndrewBall
11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
discount it only if its going to be a reoccurring job. if your working yourself out of work then charge it up.