PDA

View Full Version : Surbuf pads cut noticeably more than Cyan HT pads..

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
11-16-2010, 01:30 PM
I polished a black Honda Pilot yesterday and the paint was in pretty bad condition. I started with M105/Cyan. While it did a decent job, the surbuf/M105 removed a lot more defects. This was using the Flex 3401. What's cool about the surbuf pads is you only use very little pressure. Basically, the weight of the polisher.

Cosmin
11-16-2010, 01:56 PM
I polished a black Honda Pilot yesterday and the paint was in pretty bad condition. I started with M105/Cyan. While it did a decent job, the surbuf/M105 removed a lot more defects. This was using the Flex 3401. What's cool about the surbuf pads is you only use very little pressure. Basically, the weight of the polisher.

i have all kind of pads , but surbuf i didn`t get yet , also i heard a microfiber pad will be out soon....

DARK HORSE
11-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Mark you know :postpics:(Before/After)

WRAPT C5Z06
11-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Mark you know :postpics:(Before/After)
I know, I know. :doh:

I didn't get around to taking pics. Have you tried surbuf pads yet?

rwright
11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
I know, I know. :doh:

I didn't get around to taking pics. Have you tried surbuf pads yet?

I have a package of them but haven't tried them yet. I'm trying to line up around a 2006 model Mustang, maybe I'll use them on that.

mbkite
11-16-2010, 03:38 PM
suprbuf pads with 105 cuts better than my lawnmower

aerogt01
11-16-2010, 03:43 PM

I about literally laughed out loud in the middle of class when I read this.

LuxuryMobile
11-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Recently picked up a few of these. Very anxious to use them. Suprised the Pilot needed it. Isn't Honda clear typically soft?

How would you compare the work time of the pad to a typical foam pad? As far as how often to clean on the fly, how many panels before a new pad, etc.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-16-2010, 04:55 PM
Recently picked up a few of these. Very anxious to use them. Suprised the Pilot needed it. Isn't Honda clear typically soft?

How would you compare the work time of the pad to a typical foam pad? As far as how often to clean on the fly, how many panels before a new pad, etc.
Yes, the clear coat was soft, but the paint was a mess!!!

I only use M105 with surbufs, and the work time is actually pretty good. I clean them with a pad conditioning brush after each section(only takes 10 seconds), and I normally switch to a new pad after a few panels.

VR8
11-16-2010, 05:06 PM
I recently did my first full vehicle with the Surbuf too. My Flex was at the shop under repair so I tried the Surbuf and my old PC (1st gen). Boy was I surprised at how well the old PC could preform with a Surbuf!! I may get to use this machine for more than applying wax now.

As a side note, it appears that the Surbuf pads won't last very long. The two pads I used are showing some wear around the edges. The adhesive seems to break loose. But at $12 for the pair, I think it's a winner. Even if you only get two cars out of them.

bmw5541
11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
The Surbuf pads are the real deal when it comes to serious paint correction and a DA. The work time is cut drastically. While the pads themselves don't last as long as regular foam pads, they more then make up for it with their low cost and high performance.

You do not need to prime the pad like you would a foam pad using the KBM. Just spread the polish around with the DA off, and then spritz it with water and spread again. Then crank it up to 5-6 and watch the results.

When cleaning, use a brush, and blow with compressed air. If you do not have a compressor (like me), use a computer duster (the can that blows air).

I highly recommend this product.:dblthumb2:

dougaross
11-16-2010, 06:50 PM
I can just picture myself sitting in a lounge chair watching my PC equipped with sur pads floating across my lawn.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-16-2010, 08:31 PM
I can just picture myself sitting in a lounge chair watching my PC equipped with sur pads floating across my lawn.
:laughing:

tuscarora dave
11-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Mark, how did the Surbuf pad hold up on that job? did you destroy the pad(s) or do you think you can get another job done with it/them?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Mark, how did the Surbuf pad hold up on that job? did you destroy the pad(s) or do you think you can get another job done with it/them?
Hey Dave, I cleaned the pads after each section with a pad conditioning brush, and switched to a new pad every 2-3 panels. Doing it this way, I'll definitely be able to use the pads for another job. Very light pressure is all that's needed. It's very important to keep the pads as clean as possible.