PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best wax to make Metallics "POP"?

Pages : [1] 2

jkk7479
11-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I have used Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealent topped with Fuzion. As well as Four Star topped with Liquid Souveran. Are there any waxes out there that really make the metal flakes in my paint pop. I think I like the liquid souveran over Fuzion for my car. Any other good suggestions?

BobbyG
11-16-2010, 09:23 AM
You've sort of started at the top end already.

Pinnacle Signature Series ll
Collinite 845
Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax
1Z Einszett Glanz Wax

keepitclean
11-16-2010, 09:38 AM
I've used the exact same combo........Wolfgang topped with Fuzion and I think it's an awsome combination.

zliegen
11-16-2010, 09:41 AM
Nattys Red makes metallic flake pop like no other wax that I've seen, its unbelieveable, durability is only about 1 month though from my experience. Once I run out I'll still buy more though because I wax more than 1x a month anyway, its pretty cheap, it smells so darn good and the flake pop is insane.

Emm
11-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Nattys Red makes metallic flake pop like no other wax that I've seen, its unbelieveable, durability is only about 1 month though from my experience. Once I run out I'll still buy more though because I wax more than 1x a month anyway, its pretty cheap, it smells so darn good and the flake pop is insane.

I second Natty's red, it looks great on red metallic paint!! I think I got a least 2 months out of it though. The smell is amazing too!!! I did my wife's blue mini van with it and she loved it, now she ask if I can do the starwberry shortcake wax again lol

reality33
11-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Dodo Juice Hard Candy does a nice job with metallics. Really shows the flake in the paint.

ESSO
11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
I think DGPS topped Fuzion is show metallics pop too

WRAPT C5Z06
11-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Pinnacle Signature Series II
Dodo Juice Supernatural

Dr Oldz
11-16-2010, 12:16 PM
SSII
Dodo Juice PH PRO

loudog2
11-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Pinnacle Signature Series II
Dodo Juice Supernatural
:iagree: P21S 100%, Dodo diamond/light fantastic, there are a ton more.

DARK HORSE
11-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Dodo Juice Hard Candy does a nice job with metallics. Really shows the flake in the paint.

:iagree:DJ HC is a nice choice indeed for metalics!

oldmodman
11-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Nothing to add here.

I've tried all the combinations listed and found them to all be great.

But I got the longest life from the Fuzion combos.

With one exception. I topped the Fuzion with Collinite 845 just to see what would happen and it lasted all winter. Which in Los Angeles is no big deal. We had maybe two inches of rain.

jkk7479
11-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Nothing to add here.

I've tried all the combinations listed and found them to all be great.

But I got the longest life from the Fuzion combos.

With one exception. I topped the Fuzion with Collinite 845 just to see what would happen and it lasted all winter. Which in Los Angeles is no big deal. We had maybe two inches of rain.

I did the DGPS and then Fuzion, but didn't see the pop I was hoping for. Do you think Collinite will mute the flakes? I really want the metallics to pop but they just don't seem to be doing it. It's Dark Slate Metallic from Nissan. You can see the flakes, but they dont tend to sparkle. I did all the prep. If you look at the show and shine section, there is my car under the Fall Refresh.

zliegen
11-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I did the DGPS and then Fuzion, but didn't see the pop I was hoping for. Do you think Collinite will mute the flakes? I really want the metallics to pop but they just don't seem to be doing it. It's Dark Slate Metallic from Nissan. You can see the flakes, but they dont tend to sparkle. I did all the prep. If you look at the show and shine section, there is my car under the Fall Refresh.
The only collinite wax I've used is 476s but it didn't do much for the flakes IMO.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-16-2010, 05:01 PM
FWIW, I've heard Colli 915 can mute flakes. :dunno: