PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered one

Emm
11-14-2010, 07:07 PM
I broke down, got the o.k. from the wife and ordered the Flex 3401 for an early Christmas present!! I've been using my PC for years and wanted to move up to the flex. What pads are you guys using?

ScottB
11-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I still rather like the flat pads ... congrats on the great family and gift !

tenzin
11-14-2010, 07:16 PM
congrats on the early gift, sooner or later i will be getting flex, but more than happy with the PC for now

Excessive Detail
11-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Then you will be wanting a rotary next, thats how it went for me, PC, Flex, then Rotary, amazing they all still get used for particular things. Congrats on the FLex, Id reccommend sticking around the 6" to 6.5" sizes, only drawback to the flex is the size of the BP, not much room for pad selection, but I used the LC CCS Pads with mine, they were ok, Im going back to either the old LC Flat Pads or the new 6" Kompressor pads, I really liked these, I have them in 7" and used them with my flex, worked good, just hated how big the pads were, but hopefully 6" will fix that. Another pad I like and use right now are Chemical Guys Hex Pads, they come in all sizes.

slickooz
11-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Congrats! Would you recommend the PC to someone new? This would be my first buffer and looking for something that will fix everything from oxidation to swirls. I want to start detailing cars for business any help will be much appreciated.

PAR Detailing
11-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I took a dremel to my BP and cut it down to roughly 5" so I can use 5.5" pads with my flex. I bought a replacements flex bp so I can also use all my 6.5 pads. Just food for thought.

Jon

Emm
11-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Congrats! Would you recommend the PC to someone new? This would be my first buffer and looking for something that will fix everything from oxidation to swirls. I want to start detailing cars for business any help will be much appreciated.

Yes I love my PC, I was just ready for an upgrade! Get the PC you'll love it!

Emm
11-15-2010, 06:01 AM
Then you will be wanting a rotary next, thats how it went for me, PC, Flex, then Rotary, amazing they all still get used for particular things. Congrats on the FLex, Id reccommend sticking around the 6" to 6.5" sizes, only drawback to the flex is the size of the BP, not much room for pad selection, but I used the LC CCS Pads with mine, they were ok, Im going back to either the old LC Flat Pads or the new 6" Kompressor pads, I really liked these, I have them in 7" and used them with my flex, worked good, just hated how big the pads were, but hopefully 6" will fix that. Another pad I like and use right now are Chemical Guys Hex Pads, they come in all sizes.

I tried the chemical guys hex-logic (self centering) pads and liked them. I'm not sure how well they will fit with the 5.5" backing plate.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-15-2010, 06:50 AM
Get the PC you'll love it!
With that said, glad you bought the Flex 3401, you're gonna love it even more! :xyxthumbs:

Use flat pads as killrwheels(Scott) said.