PDA

View Full Version : Product combo question??? Glass Restoring

Excessive Detail
11-12-2010, 09:30 PM
1st Q..

What pad, speed, and machine type is anybody using to apply DP Glass Polish Restorer???? I have been doing it by hand, put I know it can be used via machine as well.

2nd Q..

Has anybody used...
Lake Country 5 Inch Glass Cutting Pads 3 Pack

and if so with what product and with what type of machine, D/A or Rotary.
I know this is only for very messed up windows, which I have, so wanted to try it, i see that it recomends using.....

Diamondite® Glasswork Restorer

I was wondering if they would work with the DP Glass Ploish Restorer as well since I have it already, but if I need to get something different I will

So anybody well versed in this area or experienced with theses please comment, really need some help. Thanks

Dr Oldz
11-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I have used the LC glass cutting pads with a rotary! U will have to follow with the polishing pads! A local glass shop helped me out with the polishes. He gave me one for cutting and one for polishing. As far as the brand of polishes.... they were in unlabeled bottles. I know he told me to keep the rotary around 1400 rpm's. It Did work great on my 70 Olds! Hope it helps a lil!

swat ss
11-12-2010, 11:23 PM
good questions. i'm also interested in some polishes for glass, or can i use the PoorBoys polishes?

ScottB
11-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I used a white pad with DP Glass Restorer. I usually set PC around 3-4 for this type of product. I then buff off by hand.

daveinsweethome
11-13-2010, 04:17 PM
just finished an suv with 3 inch griots at speed 3 with a orange lc pad. did a great job. the purposeful white glass pads seem to throw product a little too much for my liking.

C. Charles Hahn
11-13-2010, 06:13 PM
If you've got some serious restoration work to do, you might look into a kit like this:

Glass Polishing Kit Pro - Glass Polishing Kits - Rhodite Glass Polish (http://www.eastwood.com/glass-polishing-kit-pro.html)

As for the DP product or others like it, I've used both rotary and PC to work glass polishes with success. :xyxthumbs: