PDA

View Full Version : Update: Optimum 75/25 mix durability

justin_murphy
12-03-2006, 11:30 AM
You all pretty much know my Optimum Polish/Poli-Seal mix. I was a little worried about it's durability. I'm not now! These are some pics of the Mustang detailed about 3 weeks ago.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/justin30513/2006%20Mustang%20Conv/details001.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/justin30513/2006%20Mustang%20Conv/details003.jpg

Waxmax
12-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Justin- you are the expert, but to my eye, the beads in some areas seem fairly large, particularly on the trunk area. I typically like to see tight, dime size or smaller beads (even after 3 weeks). Maybe it's just my old eyes when viewing your pics. JMO.

justin_murphy
12-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Justin- you are the expert, but to my eye, the beads in some areas seem fairly large, particularly on the trunk area. I typically like to see tight, dime size or smaller beads (even after 3 weeks). Maybe it's just my old eyes when viewing your pics. JMO.

Poli-Seal has more of a sheeting effect on water. This is why you see larger pools. This goes for NXT too. I believe this is why alot say NXT has no durablility. The water just rolled off of this car when she drove away.

Waxmax
12-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Justin--after I posted I was thinking about that, i.e., sheeting vs. beading...thanks for the clarification.

Juztang
12-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Good info Justin. I'm still gonna have to try this!

supercharged
12-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Seems to be honding up pretty well. Thanks for feedback, Justin.

Stuff
12-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Do you have any more information about this comb? How do you go about mixing/making it? The polish does not counteract/take off the sealant as you put it on? Hard question but how long do you expect the protection to last? How good of a job does it do taking care of defects? How do you use it on the vehicle. Wow I'm full of questions I just think this is an interesting concept. Thanks a lot.

Al-53
12-03-2006, 05:18 PM
By diluting the the product ..do you think it will lessen the ratio of sealant applied to the car....plus it having caranuba in it..it should bead more so sheet unless the wax longevity is short..To me diluting a product like that you loose on one end and gain on another....you would gain on the polish effects but loose in the sealant as it would dilute to some effect by 25%

AL

sparkie
12-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the update! Looks like its doing pretty well.

justin_murphy
12-03-2006, 06:30 PM
By diluting the the product ..do you think it will lessen the ratio of sealant applied to the car....plus it having caranuba in it..it should bead more so sheet unless the wax longevity is short..To me diluting a product like that you loose on one end and gain on another....you would gain on the polish effects but loose in the sealant as it would dilute to some effect by 25%

AL

Well, yes I did expect to loose some longevity. That was a given. Say it lasts 2 months instead of 4-5. Most of my customers have me re-wax/re-seal their cars every 6 weeks anyways. I was looking for the most cut with the most duribility. This was to save me time and money. Remember please, I do this for a living. I know it has a minute amount of carnauba in it. This is not the main protectant though. There is not another all in one that even comes close to giving 8 weeks protection and cuts like this combo does.

justin_murphy
12-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Do you have any more information about this comb? How do you go about mixing/making it? The polish does not counteract/take off the sealant as you put it on? Hard question but how long do you expect the protection to last? How good of a job does it do taking care of defects? How do you use it on the vehicle. Wow I'm full of questions I just think this is an interesting concept. Thanks a lot.

I take a 4oz sample bottle and fill it 1/4 of the way with OP and the rest with OPS. Well since the same polish is used in Poli-Seal, I don't see how it remove it at the same time. I expect it to last at least 10 weeks. I use it like a polish more than a LSP. I put it on and take it right off. It works really well at removing swirls and light water spots. It will not correct major defect but does what I need it to do.

Gottabekin
12-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Great to know optimum works well. Hey Justin, when you apply the 75/25 mix, you will be using a cutting pad and don't have to use a polish pad to finish up?

ltoman
12-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Great to know optimum works well. Hey Justin, when you apply the 75/25 mix, you will be using a cutting pad and don't have to use a polish pad to finish up?

Yes, optimum is very nice to work with. i used it with an orange lc pad, but i am never going to be a justin.
all hail justin, detailmaster!!!
:) lauren