PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Detailer/Mentor for Youth Detailing

Pages : [1] 2

scrib13
11-11-2010, 08:03 PM
The Palm Beach County PAL program is looking to start a detailing business that will be run by local youth. We are in need of a Detailer/Mentor to supervise the youth. The position/s could be a paid position. We are working out the deatils as we speak but really looking to find someone or multiple people to help run the program. The schedule is flexible and we will work around you and the students school.

You can view information about the PAL program at Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (http://www.pbso.org/pal)

If you have any questions, you are welcome to PM me, email me at pbcpal@pbso.org

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you! :xyxthumbs:

Mirror Detailing
11-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Wow that is a really cool sounding program. If I was in the area, I would be very interested in lending some help!

DetailedByPrecision
11-11-2010, 09:36 PM
sounds cool and interesting...

scrib13
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
thanks guys, hope to find someone local, thanks for the kind words, Scott

Silverstone
11-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Very cool, good luck. :xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
11-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Just to clarify... what do you foresee the schedule and hours for this position to be?

Are you thinking or hoping for something like a Monday through Saturday full service detail shop which will act as a hands-on training vocational kind of school?

A position like this really needs someone with years of experience detailing cars if for no other reason than to help people new to detailing avoid mistakes.

I'm unable to volunteer for the position you're describing but you can count on my help with training. I love working with young people and sharing this craft with them.

:xyxthumbs:

scrib13
11-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Mike, thanks as always for your help, that is a great questions, during this time of year, kids get out of school around 3p so they would be able to get into work by 4p, with the current light/night time situation, not sure if it is doable during the M-F unless it is acceptable to do under portable lights. We will be doing this under a canopy just outside the youth center. The size of the canopy is yet to be determined and was going to ask you your thoughts on that. With that being said, if we can do it under the lights then we would look at M-F 4-8p, Saturday, Sunday all day (or as appointments dictate). I was considering appointment only so I do not have anyone standing around. With the PBSO as my first marketing area. feel we should be a good base of clientele to start with. I just sent an email to Megan with some begining ideas and start points.

I do not know if you want me to continue to have dialog on this forum, I certainly do not mind as it keeps my post up at the top, thanks for all your help, Scott

:dblthumb2:

Meghan
11-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Got your email and Autogeek is prepared to support your program the best way we can.

JohnHenry
11-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm a couple of hours away. I'll be happy to drop in for a Saturday shift once in a while. Just PM me when you're up and running.

Retired Tampa PD

Mike Phillips
11-12-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm a couple of hours away. I'll be happy to drop in for a Saturday shift once in a while. Just PM me when you're up and running.

Retired Tampa PD

That is so nice of you Jay...

POPPAJ
11-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Best of luck on the program! I'd be glad to donate some excess supplies if you're interested, just send me a PM.

scrib13
11-13-2010, 08:24 AM
bump

C. Charles Hahn
11-13-2010, 10:40 AM
This sounds like a really cool idea! Good luck to you guys, too bad I'm not from the area to help out.

2kredbb6
11-13-2010, 12:15 PM
This such a great idea..
Best of Luck with this, unfortunately I am no where close to help out BUT i do have some extra supplies im willing to send to you guys, only way I could help out..
I wish i had this when i was growing up.

scrib13
11-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Thank you to everyone saying they will donate product, that is very kind and once we get this in place and get it going, we will pm you and if you still have the products we would be happy to take them. We will be in touch, thanks you to everyone!

Still looking for some adult assistance otherwise the kids could look like the guy below!
:buffing: