PDA

View Full Version : work times on cars?

Pages : [1] 2

350z00m
11-11-2010, 06:19 PM
today i did a 2010 nissan 370z.. black.. did a 1 step then sealed it wit WGDGPS 3.0. too me about 4-5 hrs? is that normal.... i feel like the PCXP is slowing me down. if i wanna do 2-3 cars a day whats the best way? how long does it take u guys to do a 1 stepper?

Jay

Dubbin1
11-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Does that time include the whole detail or just the PC work?

350z00m
11-11-2010, 06:56 PM
whole detail.. from wash to wipe of lsp

Mike Phillips
11-11-2010, 07:05 PM
That sounds like a normal range for a one-step if you're hustling...

You can't move the polisher faster to speed things up or you won't get adequate cleaning and polishing.

A Flex 3401 would give you more power to work sections faster without swirls.

:)

TornadoRed
11-11-2010, 07:24 PM
It took me 7 hours two weeks ago on a Saturday. :buffing: I washed and clayed the night before (2 hours). I have to stop taking a step back and admiring my work.

Perfections
11-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Only way to speed that up would be go with Poli-seal or XMT 360.

DARK HORSE
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
whole detail.. from wash to wipe of lsp

WOW, that sounds like your are "SPEEDY" to me... Takes me much longer to do a detail.

350z00m
11-11-2010, 08:11 PM
the car wasnt really dirty.... and the paint wasnt that bad.. there were dealer installed swirls an scratches... but nothing major...

350z00m
11-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Only way to speed that up would be go with Poli-seal or XMT 360.

used it before... didnt like the end result.... so i used Meg UC with Orange ccs pad... came out lsp ready.. was very happy

Jay

jimmyjam
11-12-2010, 04:16 AM
today i did a 2010 nissan 370z.. black.. did a 1 step then sealed it wit WGDGPS 3.0. too me about 4-5 hrs? is that normal.... i feel like the PCXP is slowing me down. if i wanna do 2-3 cars a day whats the best way? how long does it take u guys to do a 1 stepper?

Jay
It uasilly take me bout 1 1/2 to wash, dress tires, vacumm, clean dash/vents, and clean the glass.. So if you add clay and sealant another hour.... Did you shampoo or just vacumm? 370z are fairly small inside so a shampoo shouldn't take that long, unless well you knw we've all had'em "scary dirty"

SeaJay's
11-12-2010, 08:29 AM
That's actually pretty quick if you ask me.

I typically take 4-5 hours just to do a full detail (no paint correction or polishing). I do tend to take my time and I probably go over board. If I really wanted to do it quick I can get it done in about 3 hours, but again I'm a perfectionist and I want to ensure that the job is done to be the best of my ability.

Wendell Jarvis
11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
WOW, that sounds like your are "SPEEDY" to me... Takes me much longer to do a detail.

:iagree: I agree with Dark Horse, that is pretty fast, I am way too particular on detailing, it takes me about a good 8 hours plus on a full detail and that is busting my butt, I could not imagine doing 2-3 cars a day (full detail) but we all have different styles of detailing, I wont turn it over to my customer until I can step back and thats enough, it looks good.

Wendell Jarvis
11-12-2010, 10:35 AM
That's actually pretty quick if you ask me.

I typically take 4-5 hours just to do a full detail (no paint correction or polishing). I do tend to take my time and I probably go over board. If I really wanted to do it quick I can get it done in about 3 hours, but again I'm a perfectionist and I want to ensure that the job is done to be the best of my ability.

:iagree:

slickooz
11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Takes me about 6+ hours for a full detail, and its a new car. I don't even want to think how long it would take to clean a dirty one LOL.

Mike Phillips
11-12-2010, 11:43 AM
When talking about how long it takes to detail a car, there's going to be a wide range of times because there's a huge difference between

Show car quality work
Working on your own car (you care about it and thus take more time)
Production work

Someone doing production work may just want to do what's necessary to meet their customer's expectations and what they're willing to pay for.

If you're charging $99.00 to detail a car, hopefully you're not over-promising and under delivering. It would be better to under promise and then over deliver or at least meet the minimum expectations.

Trying to know out 2, 3, 4 cars in one day is realistic if it's real "Express Details", it also helps if they're all in the same location to cut down driving time.

I don't do production work but I know how it's done... speed means cutting corners, usually in quality...

Of course the condition of the car is a HUGE factor... there's a huge difference between doing a quickie detail to a new car in excellent condition and doing a quickie detail to an older car that's been neglected.

:)