PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang 3.0 paint sealant

Pages : [1] 2

Scott DeBrun
11-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I recieved 2 samples of Wolfgangs 3.0 paint sealant and plan to use it on my truck this weekend. I was wondering what are the best ways to apply and remove and how long should I leave it on my paint before removing? I have a PC 7424xp and my hands, all opinions are welcome.Feed back please

Shane731
11-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant - Review and How-to (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/21362-wolfgang-deep-gloss-paint-sealant-review.html)

TornadoRed
I used my sample two weeks ago so that makes me an expert, right?

I used a 4" hydro tech crimson pad with my Griot's ROP on speed setting of 3 with only the weight of the machine. I applied it to the whole car, admired my work for a few minutes, then buffed it off. It was probably 20 to 30 minutes that it was on the car before buffing.

It came off like a dream! It was ridiculously easy.

I wasn't all that impressed with the shine UNTIL I walked into my garage the next morning. It blew me away. My solid red paint looked completely wet.

Tips: keep it thin. You can go thinner than you think. I'm thinking you should get two coats out of a half a sample bottle.

Good luck.

cooksnj
i use a pc with gray pads. i usually let it dry to a haze then wipe off. you're gonna love it. wait 12 hours then follow with sovereign wax for a nice wet look.

DARK HORSE
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
It was probably 20 to 30 minutes that it was on the car before buffing.

i usually let it dry to a haze then wipe off.

The Polymers in WG DGPS need time to crosslink and bond with the paint.
The manufacture recommends "Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing off the sealant. " Many times I will let it stay on for well over an hour, just makes me feel better. I still comes off AMAZINGLY easy...

OCDetails
11-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I typically apply it with a DA and then dress the tires, wiped down the wheels, and clean the windows before removing it. Not because the product needs the time on the paint, but because it saves me from needing to wipe down the paint more than once after I put the sealant on. If I get any glass cleaner or tire shine on the paint, then it just wipes off with the sealant. Usually that gives me the 30 minutes for the product to set on the paint before buffing it off.

TornadoRed
11-11-2010, 03:54 PM
The manufacture recommends "Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing off the sealant. "

Hmmm you're right. I coulda sworn it said 20-25 minutes. Shame on me. Now that I know how easy it is, I'll give it more time. I read too many Klasse SG threads and was expecting it to be tough.

WestEnd
11-11-2010, 05:01 PM
...If I get any glass cleaner or tire shine on the paint, then it just wipes off with the sealant.

Brilliant!! My new hero. :)

Kurt_s
11-12-2010, 01:03 AM
I use my DA with a 4" red flat pad (I originally used a 6.5" CCS) and I recently acquired a 5" flat red too.

Thin layers and I use a 20-30 minute wait time to cure after applying to the whole car. Actually, I take a break and it could be more than 30 minutes.

toxygene
11-12-2010, 08:47 AM
The manufacture recommends "Once the vehicle is covered, wait 30-45 minutes before buffing off the sealant. " Many times I will let it stay on for well over an hour, just makes me feel better. I still comes off AMAZINGLY easy...

My bottle says:

Directions: Shake well. Surface should be dry, clean and cool. Apply a small amount on a clean polyfoam applicator pad. Rub thoroughly onto surface using circular motions. Always work in small areas at a time. Use a microfiber or 100% cotton towel to remove residue.

So I could see how this could lead to confusion. There is no mention of hazing or time. There is also a video where Mike Phillips explains the importance of using straight lines to apply WGDGPS, not circular motions. Funny how that works.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/24344-show-car-garage-video-how-apply-synthetic-paint-sealant-hand.html

Bunky
11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
It applies by hand very easily. It hazes (gets crusty) fairly fast and buffs off cleanly. I did the entire truck then buffed off. This was my second cycle.

cooksnj
11-12-2010, 05:55 PM

to be honest, i believe it is supposed to be a wipe on wipe off product. but i always do the whole car, before wiping it off.

DARK HORSE
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
to be honest, i believe it is supposed to be a wipe on wipe off product. but i always do the whole car, before wiping it off.

WG DGPS is definitely NOT WOWO... The polymers need time to crosslink and bond with the paint. Here are the instructions from the website. Be sure to note #4. ;)

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant delivers a deep, wet, liquid shimmer unlike anything you can imagine. (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)

Larry A
11-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I still have some of the original Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant . What was wrong with it ?

Scott DeBrun
11-13-2010, 09:11 PM
I used Wolfie today and all I can say is wow it's the best looking sealant I have used yet. I'm very pleased.:dblthumb2: