PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Absorber?

Pages : [1] 2

slickooz
11-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I recently bought the Absorber couple weeks ago and loved it. I wanted to know what do you guys think about it. I put it flat on the surface and drag it across the panel to remove all the water. Will this create swirls marks or scratches? Then I wipe it down with non name brand MF.

ScottB
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I much prefer a Guzzler WW MF towel ... we do offer the P21S Drying Towel and Water Sprite which are similar to Absorber as synthetic chamois.

Old Tiger
11-10-2010, 07:42 PM
I like it better than a chamois, but prefer the HD Guzzler over all else I have tried. I didnt have any marring, but my clears are very hard.

TheCougarGuy
11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I used them for many years but have since switched to a MF drying towel with even better results.

slickooz
11-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Do the waffle MF rinse water out nicely? I read somewhere that the meguiar waffle were horrible. Are they the same in quality? I know when I use the absorber it takes in a lot of water and rinse out most of the water.

LuxuryMobile
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
I have mixed feelings about them. Dragging them across the paint will create scratches if you trap any particles between the paint and absorber.

In theory a waffle weave is better for drying because any potential contaminet that would be dragged can now hide in an "waffle box" (for lack of a better term) until removed from the surface.

People will have mixed responses but with most things, so what works best for you. Id be lying if I said I don't own several of them

VR8
11-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I love um. They're quick and easy to use. They wash easily in the machine. And they last! My vote is in. Keep them clean and flood your car with water before you wipe it off, you won't have any swirls.

fairlady350z
11-10-2010, 08:13 PM
I used to use an absorber all the time, but I tried a waffle weave drying towel (guzzler) and got much better results. It is so much easier to dry with and there are almost no water streaks.

slickooz
11-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Do they rinse out good? I read somewhere that it was very hard to rinse them dry. I dont know if that hold for other brands but it was Meguiar waffle MF.

I like my absorber because it makes drying more fun and I finish much quicker then using regular MF. Today I notice a lot of swirl marks on my hood, after getting it back from auto body shop. I didn't remember there were so many there before I gave it to them. Or it might of been lighten, today the sun was out and I saw a lot of swirl on the hood.

Rob T
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
I have mixed feelings about them. Dragging them across the paint will create scratches if you trap any particles between the paint and absorber.

In theory a waffle weave is better for drying because any potential contaminet that would be dragged can now hide in an "waffle box" (for lack of a better term) until removed from the surface.

People will have mixed responses but with most things, so what works best for you. Id be lying if I said I don't own several of them

:iagree:

I used to use an Absorber, and they do work fairly good at drying the car, but the risk of marring and scratching is just too big with these. There is no nap to trap dirt.

LuxuryMobile
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
I've never just rinsed them out (ww), always treated them as you would all other micros as far as cleaning. Usually have a few on hand to dry a vehicle but with the guzzler only one is necessary.

Dr Oldz
11-10-2010, 11:49 PM
I have one for about 15 years and it works great but I have since switched to Guzzlers because they dry just as well and don't feel as harsh on the paint!

Shane731
11-11-2010, 12:39 AM
I think they do a decent job. I used one for several years, switched to the Cobra Guzzler - no going back! Seriously, just get one and try it. If you don't like it, trade it off to another forum member. Worst case scenario, you're out a few bucks shipping. :xyxthumbs:

builthatch
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I used to use an absorber all the time, but I tried a waffle weave drying towel (guzzler) and got much better results. It is so much easier to dry with and there are almost no water streaks.

this is how i feel.

but i still have my absorber - i let my wife use it to dry her car.

akimel
11-11-2010, 01:38 AM
I continue to use my Absorber on the horizontal surfaces but I only blot with it and follow up with my ultra-soft waffle weave towel. I do not believe I am risking marring by blotting up the water. And the Absorber sure does absorb a lot of water! On vertical surfaces, though, I only use my waffle weave towels.