PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Care

ryanbabz71
11-08-2010, 07:09 PM
What do you do product wise for your head lights? Sealant, wax?

Is DP Poli coat ok to use? Thanks!

tuscarora dave
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I just treat them like the paint, whatever the paint gets the lights get too. I have never had any adverse effects from doing it that way.

DaHen
11-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Just got Diamondite's Clear Plastic Liquid Armor in my latest order. Applied it on the headlight and taillight lens and the vent visors last week.

Its to early to tell if I like the product yet.

Previously, would use what ever wax that was being used on the vehicle.

Toymachine2009
11-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I just treat them like the paint, whatever the paint gets the lights get too. I have never had any adverse effects from doing it that way.

Does that mean I can use my DA and lc pads and do m105 and m205 and headlights will look new

Old Tiger
11-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Just got Diamondite's Clear Plastic Liquid Armor in my latest order. Applied it on the headlight and taillight lens and the vent visors last week.

Its to early to tell if I like the product yet.

Previously, would use what ever wax that was being used on the vehicle.
I use Liquid Armor too! Seems to work well. Before I used 303 AS with good results. I believe any good UV protecctant or sealant will work.

Munich77
11-08-2010, 10:34 PM
I use the same sealant as I use on the car and Klasse AIO to clean.

bimmer325!
11-09-2010, 02:04 AM
any Diamondite product is good and extensively tested. I have the pro kit and no matter which set of headlights I have used it on..it works like a champ the first time and you can do a set of lights in just a few minutes each!

Silverstone
11-09-2010, 04:16 AM
I do them with WG sealant like the paint.

I started with 303, went to Plexus (better), and now the WGDGPS. (best)

jimmyjam
11-09-2010, 04:24 AM
I agree with most of the responses.. I purchased the Diamondite pro kit and it worked extremely well, but I purchased the Flex intermediate swirl kit and polished the headlights/tail lights along with paint of course , and haven't used my Diamondite kit sense. Don't get me wrong if a customer request there plastics restored, that's the weapon I'm pulling out.