PDA

View Full Version : Black 02 Infiniti I35 Daily Driver Restore Package

ToySupra727
11-08-2010, 06:37 PM
A customer called me up Friday evening to tell me he had just purchased a new infiniti I35 that was black and it needed some heavy interior cleaning along with a wash and wax.
This paticular person bought this car for his daughter for a first car as she just turned 16. He gave me the run down about it and was so happy he picked it up for 1500. Of course it needs tires and some minor repairs but he planned to take it to a Nissan dealer to fix it up for her before he delivers the car.

So I'm thinking to myself alright this shouldnt be but a 3 hour job at the most taking my time etc etc. He's driving up my street which is covered in tree's and I'm watching him and @ a distance I was thinking wow this car looks great for 1500. Once he pulled thru the light I about fell to the floor in amazement.

The car is as about as dirty as a piece of heavy equipment and appeared that the guy working on the equipment drove the car. Steering wheel and all the leather had heavy grease stains, scuffs, dry, and beat. The trunk was full of tools and shop rags.

I wish I could have gotten better pictures but my house was broken into and the camera was stolen so I hope the cell pictures do some good.

I forgot to snap a before and after picture of the interior but got some of the exterior. I was able to explain to the fellow that the car needs more than a wash and wax and needs a daily driver refreshing (1 step polishing followed by wax)

Wheels:
CG diablo/grime reaper

Wash:
CG WNG W/ Dawn mix

Clay:
TC med clay w/ ONR as lube

Polish:
SIP with CCS orange pad
This brought the paint back to life although it left minor marring this was just a single step anyhow and the owner wasn't looking for flawless.

Wax:
XMT360 with CCS green pad.
Helped get rid of the rest of the minor defects.

Interior:
CG green clean
CG leather cleaner
CG leather conditioner
CG stain remover
CG interior protectant.

Engine bay:
CG grime reaper

Once the car was delivered he hit the floor and was amazed @ how the car looked afterwards. The Owner was pleased with the 1 step polishing and was glad he didn't do a full paint correction which I talked him out of because of all the dents, dings, scratched complete w/ rust, and that he probably didnt want a show car finish simply because of the condition and of course he agreed and remembered it was a 16 year old female that would be driving. He was also even more please we didn't do a 3 step simply because more dents, dings, and scratches shown up then he even knew about.

He was more amazed @ how the interior turned out and I wished I would have gotten pictures of it.
Glad to have made another life long customer! I'll be tackling his truck this weekend :props: so hopefully by then I'll have a new camera!

tuscarora dave
11-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Nice turn around. People put so much stock into a coat of wax. Some of my customers ask me if the wax will last a year or more. They scoff when I tell them 4-8 weeks tops. Good Job on the Infinity. I get a lot of turds like that to do.

ToySupra727
11-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Nice turn around. People put so much stock into a coat of wax. Some of my customers ask me if the wax will last a year or more. They scoff when I tell them 4-8 weeks tops. Good Job on the Infinity. I get a lot of turds like that to do.

Thank you sir!

I agree they do put alot of hope in just wax or thinking wax is just a snake oil and all its for is to make the car look pretty.
I had a lady whom had an 04 maxima that was complaining about her paint being "hammered" and refused to believe a regular washing and waxing would've kept the paint in good condition. Even went to compare how her neighbors car exact year and all was in such better condition paint wise over all. I asked if the neighbor regular washes and waxes and she replied I'm not sure but I doubt they do.. I then asked her to allow me to look at it but she refused for me to look at claiming its "hammered" and needs a respray.
I explained that I could possibly help her save a load of $$ and explained what possibly needed to be done and I heard her husband in the background say he doesn't know what he's talking about!!! Washing and Waxing doesnt help the paint!!
Then she hung up...
Ignorance is a bliss :xyxthumbs:

Y2KSVT
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Nice! Now tell him to bring it back for a headlight restoration. Can't have his princess driving at night without great vision! Excellent job on that Infiniti! I'd drive it!

Mark

tuscarora dave
11-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Nice! Now tell him to bring it back for a headlight restoration. Can't have his princess driving at night without great vision! Excellent job on that Infiniti! I'd drive it!

Mark
There you go, there's another job already!! You do those headlights and he'll tell all of his friends how he had the lights refurbished for his daughter and they'll want theirs done too and etc. etc. etc.

Wendell Jarvis
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
I love Menzerna, the whole line of products..........SIP is still one of my favorite polishes.....looks good.

ToySupra727
11-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys! I did mention the headlights to him and he would like them done after he gets the car back. I love menzerna as well! Sometimes I go from 105 to menzerna nano polish and it finishes off beautifully. Sip has been a major goto when it comes to the one steppers. Thanks again guys

DetailedByPrecision
11-09-2010, 03:23 AM
great save