PDA

View Full Version : NXT question (somewhat urgent)

Pages : [1] 2

Flyboy
12-02-2006, 08:27 AM
as far as i know it is a cleaner wax, so if apply it on top of AIO + SG, won't i strip off the AIO and SG? since it last longer than pure caranuba i want to use that for the winter

i could use an answer in the next few hours because i am leaving for home with the heated garage and want to get my car detailed

Mike T
12-02-2006, 09:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken the NXT will remove previous layers. Also NXT is a kinda like a sealer wax. Contains no Carbs's:D

ScottB
12-02-2006, 09:29 AM
NXT contains calcified kaolin which is a light cleaning abrasive. As such layering, and removal of previous product could be a concern. If looking for toppers, think pure carnaubas.

Flyboy
12-02-2006, 10:42 AM
guess i will just use my Mothers Pure Caranuba (not the cleaner version) then

supercharged
12-02-2006, 11:08 AM
guess i will just use my Mothers Pure Caranuba (not the cleaner version) then
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/props.gif http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/props.gif

ryandamartini
12-02-2006, 11:15 AM
NXT contains calcified kaolin which is a light cleaning abrasive. As such layering, and removal of previous product could be a concern. If looking for toppers, think pure carnaubas.

what he said. :)

Flyboy
12-03-2006, 03:29 AM
my Klasse SG is on now, gonna remove it tomorrow morning and then apply 2 coats of the mothers. i just need to figure out how to get the MF bonnets to stay on the PC. i used the blue pad tonite to remove the AIO and that worked pretty well, so i can always use that.

supercharged
12-03-2006, 04:10 AM
Why would you want to strip off SG? It ih much more durable then Mothers carnauba wax. I would suggest to leave SG alone, and top it off with Carnauba wax. But that depends how long you had a coat of SG on?

ScottB
12-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Why would you want to strip off SG? It ih much more durable then Mothers carnauba wax. I would suggest to leave SG alone, and top it off with Carnauba wax. But that depends how long you had a coat of SG on?

I think you misread ... he is trying to keep the Klasse Twins on, so he does NOT want to use NXT as it might strip it. So he is moving to a pure carnauba topper.

Flyboy
12-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I think you misread ... he is trying to keep the Klasse Twins on, so he does NOT want to use NXT as it might strip it. So he is moving to a pure carnauba topper.
what he said :D

topping will still be the pure caranuba (almost gone btw, so gonna need to find something new to use)

justin_murphy
12-03-2006, 11:41 AM
You can used NXT alone as an LSP but never use it on top of another LSP. You can top it with a nice carnauba though. Just wait about 12 hours for NXT's polymers to cross-link (fancy phrase for adhere!).

Top NXT with #26 for some awesome results!

supercharged
12-05-2006, 07:56 AM

what he said :D

topping will still be the pure caranuba (almost gone btw, so gonna need to find something new to use)

Thanks guys for clarification. For a minute I thought Flyboy was going to strip Klasse SG off.;)

Flyboy
12-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys for clarification. For a minute I thought Flyboy was going to strip Klasse SG off.;)
for as difficult as it is to remove that would be pointless

dengood1
12-05-2006, 10:45 AM
my Klasse SG is on now, gonna remove it tomorrow morning and then apply 2 coats of the mothers.

I took it as he's gonna remove it. See quote above.

supercharged
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
I took it as he's gonna remove it. See quote above.
So did I.