PDA

View Full Version : woohoo..got my Flex 3401 tonight

Pages : [1] 2

05xrunner
11-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Well i finally picked one up tonight from a local store int he mall that carries all kinda high end detail goodies...This thing just feels sooo nice and smooth. I have had my PC for 2years now and I have wanted this thing for a long time. the weather has turned to crap around here. BUT next week looks like a indian summer supposed to be 60 and sunny all week. So my order of new stuff from Autogeek will be here on monday so i will get to try out this new beast and the new stuff I got from Autogeek.

WestEnd
11-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Nice, are you running it in the house just to hear it? LOL And smelling the motor breaking in? Yummmmm!

05xrunner
11-06-2010, 11:30 PM
hahaha yea..I keep on trying to think..what can i buff in my house to use this thing tonight...ohh how I wish my garage was heated.

Vjeszczi
11-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Don't forget to oil the felt ring.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/23276-review-flex-xc-3401-dual-action-orbital-polisher.html

05xrunner
11-07-2010, 12:35 AM
whats the reason for the oil on the felt ring..I took it off and put some oil drops on it..but looks like the felt ring doesnt even touch anything

Dubbin1
11-07-2010, 01:10 AM
whats the reason for the oil on the felt ring..I took it off and put some oil drops on it..but looks like the felt ring doesnt even touch anything

They had problems with the backing plate melting, the oil seems to help.

Oh and it must be nice to have a store in the mall that carries quality detailing supplies :xyxthumbs:

jimmyjam
11-07-2010, 01:47 AM
uh oh... What's a felt ring?

05xrunner
11-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I LOVE THIS THING...I just did a quick pass over my hood..granted it wasnt in bad shape but it had some swirls..I am using a white bpad and XMT360..pulled it out and had sun on it..it is FLAWLESS..I mean there is not a single mark. I was never able to get this kinda results with my PC with same setup as fast..It took me about half the hood before I got comfortable..it is way different then the PC and it wants to go if you hold it wrong..but GOD I LOVE IT..

WestEnd
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Pleeeeeeeeze stop! I don't want to buy one lol. Sounds fun.

Dubbin1
11-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I LOVE THIS THING...I just did a quick pass over my hood..granted it wasnt in bad shape but it had some swirls..I am using a white bpad and XMT360..pulled it out and had sun on it..it is FLAWLESS..I mean there is not a single mark. I was never able to get this kinda results with my PC with same setup as fast..It took me about half the hood before I got comfortable..it is way different then the PC and it wants to go if you hold it wrong..but GOD I LOVE IT..

You should have gotten the same results with the pc.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

WestEnd
11-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Such a buzz kill. :D

slimnib
11-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Well i finally picked one up tonight from a local store int he mall that carries all kinda high end detail goodies...This thing just feels sooo nice and smooth. I have had my PC for 2years now and I have wanted this thing for a long time. the weather has turned to crap around here. BUT next week looks like a indian summer supposed to be 60 and sunny all week. So my order of new stuff from Autogeek will be here on monday so i will get to try out this new beast and the new stuff I got from Autogeek.

What, no 800?

05xrunner
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
not as fast as I do with this thing. I started to not like using that PC because it would always make my hand go numb after long use from the vibrations.

05xrunner
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM
What, no 800?
I dont even know what this means

Marc08EX
11-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Congrats on your Flex purchase! Glad you already love it!