PDA

View Full Version : MF pads. hype or not?

mikek753
11-06-2010, 03:16 PM
what is all hype about Meg's new MF pads?
do they really so good?
how to clean those?
When MF pads will be available?
Will LC make MF pads as well?

Some time ago was transition to foam pads from wool and MF bonnets - didn't it?
Now it is back to MF, but not as on top bonnet but sticker on top of foam.

Any info for this matter?

Lasthope05
11-06-2010, 03:24 PM
what is all hype about Meg's new MF pads?
do they really so good?
how to clean those?
When MF pads will be available?
Will LC make MF pads as well?

Some time ago was transition to foam pads from wool and MF bonnets - didn't it?
Now it is back to MF, but not as on top bonnet but sticker on top of foam.

Any info for this matter?

You're going to have to wait just like everybody else to find out. The product hasnt even been released yet and wont be until the beginning of next year so there wont be any reviews or solid information on how this system works. There are a few members that have beta tested this new system but are not allowed to talk about it until its release. From what has already been stated, this new system will supposedly make rotary polishing obsolete.

Perfections
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
All I'm gonna say is this car was done with the new system....the results speak for themselves!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/28401-diso-dealership-installed-swirl-option.html

ScottB
11-06-2010, 03:48 PM
You might look at all the praise the Subruf pads receive, I suspect they are going to be similar.

David Fermani
11-06-2010, 05:54 PM
All I'm gonna say is this car was done with the new system....the results speak for themselves!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/28401-diso-dealership-installed-swirl-option.html

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see where the MF system was used on this car? Please explain where you are getting this from?

Perfections
11-06-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/30048-meguiar-s-new-products-2011-a-4.html

Post #34

C. Charles Hahn
11-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I really don't think they're "all hype" -- my experience with the Surbuf pads and looking at the similar stories others have told about using them are enough to have me convinced.

If Meguiar's has developed a system that takes the idea to the next level, I have no reason to doubt it will be a major breakthrough for professionals and enthusiast consumers ("prosumers") alike. What I'm really waiting to see is if this really does have the ability take the place of rotary polishing altogether or not. If it does, I'll be thrilled.

VISITOR
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I really don't think they're "all hype" -- my experience with the Surbuf pads and looking at the similar stories others have told about using them are enough to have me convinced.

If Meguiar's has developed a system that takes the idea to the next level, I have no reason to doubt it will be a major breakthrough for professionals and enthusiast consumers ("prosumers") alike. What I'm really waiting to see is if this really does have the ability take the place of rotary polishing altogether or not. If it does, I'll be thrilled.

if i'm not mistaken, this product/system has been years in the making with tweaking and adjustments with people like kevin brown testing it out, and giving input/critisms on it...

if you look at this thread (post#2, 4th picture), it's five years old and there are pictures of the surbufs hanging on the rack which i'm sure kevin was using these way back then as well...

Meguiar’s Polish Session" Pays Tribute to Alpine’s Ultimate Listening Machine (LINK REMOVED TO COMPETITORS FORUM)

ltebow34
11-14-2010, 01:36 AM
I think MF system will haze a little. Just like lower quality MF towels can marr. I think the cutting of them will be equal to aggressive foams or surbufs. I think this may be another product that perform very similar but maybe not as nice of finish as foam pads.. time will tell. I will not say I told you so hehe

bimmer325!
11-14-2010, 01:42 AM
rest assured people...Meguirs did not take 4 years of Research/development and all that money to do so...and not come up with a revolutionary product. It will be all it is supposed to be and more.

Type[R]+
11-16-2010, 12:53 AM
and not come up with a revolutionary product
revolutionary? I don't think so.....

kronos
11-16-2010, 01:07 AM
My guess is it'll become an alternative to using wool, surbuf, or heavy-cut foam pads. Although I do hope it becomes a system that'll make it easier to achieve any correction and high gloss with only that system.

aerogt01
11-16-2010, 02:40 AM
Although I do hope it becomes a system that'll make it easier to achieve any correction and high gloss with only that system.

It already is. There are two steps, Compound and finishing, and there are 3 different pad cuts available. That gives you 8 different total levels of cut. Plus factor in that it should make better use of the PC's available power (ie: keeping the pad spinning.).

Matt S.
11-16-2010, 09:20 AM
I've seen the system in action myself and was personally amazed at the level of cut, how fast it cut, and the finish it left in such a short amount of time, all with minimal effort and EASY wipe-off. That's all you're getting out of me. :)

Indy YZF
11-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey as long as it cuts with my DA without me having rubber arms at the end of the day I'm all in. I used Surbufs for the first time after wetsanding (2000 grit) and it made the sanding mark removal easy with my DA, so if it's like that I'll buy it.