PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on which Carnauba Wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

RandyD
11-06-2010, 02:25 PM
I am considering Dodo Juice Supernatural wax. In the past, the carnauba's I have used include Pinnacle Souveran paste, Poor Boys Natty's Blue Paste and Blackfire Midnight Sun. I found Souveran to look the best but had the worst longevity. How would you compare Dodo Supernatural to any of these in terms of longevity and shine? I have a relatively new black car and I live in South Florida.

Thanks

sal329
11-06-2010, 02:59 PM
SN has a great natural shine to it, will last way longer then Souveran but will not give the warm look.

ScottB
11-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Souveran has a glow and depth not seen in most other waxes. SN is a fine wax but not as easy to remove as Souveran and can sweat meaning a rebuff the next day. I might suggest an alternative. How about sample pots of SN and Fuzion ??? Fuzion is quite nice and more durable and quite pleasing even on blacks.

truckbutt
11-06-2010, 07:45 PM
You might consider Meguiars M26 or Gold Class Carnauba Wax. The Gold Class has some polishing oils in it that give a rich wet looking shine.

LuxuryMobile
11-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't think you will be at all disappointed with Fuzion. Its my go to

AeroCleanse
11-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Go with Supernatural, you won't be disappointed!

CEE DOG
11-06-2010, 08:00 PM

Does the sweating not bother you after paying that price? Or do you not see this issue in your area? I haven't used it yet myself but have had a couple people who's opinions I respect tell me this is the case. I'll be putting some on for myself soon.

LuxuryMobile
11-06-2010, 08:30 PM

Get both!

StephenK
11-06-2010, 09:12 PM
what is more important to you? looks or durability?

loudog2
11-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Does the sweating not bother you after paying that price? Or do you not see this issue in your area? I haven't used it yet myself but have had a couple people who's opinions I respect tell me this is the case. I'll be putting some on for myself soon.
I veered away from the suggested directions and haven't had a problem since. I now apply it and give it maybe 5 min to set, then buff it off. I believe the directions state to let it sit for about 20 min meaning fully dried. Since it is not fully dried it is easier to remove and buff. I have not seen any change in duribility, but then again I wax my car every 3 weeks.

08 300C
11-06-2010, 09:39 PM
I love Fuzion, but I am sure there are a lot of other great waxes.

AeroCleanse
11-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Haven't ever seen it sweating.

04Si
11-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I am not familiar with the sweating term. I know what sweating is as a human and the use of such a term with regards to condensation. How does a carnauba wax sweat? Does it haze over again or?

loudog2
11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
I am not familiar with the sweating term. I know what sweating is as a human and the use of such a term with regards to condensation. How does a carnauba wax sweat? Does it haze over again or?

When you buff it off everything looks gone. Then the next day you will see the wax re-appear in various spots needing to be buffed again.

04Si
11-06-2010, 10:42 PM
When you buff it off everything looks gone. Then the next day you will see the wax re-appear in various spots needing to be buffed again.

Thanks for the explanation. Then i have experienced sweating b4. I used to get that with P21S. I just ordered some Skull Candy. Hope it does not sweat like SN.