PDA

View Full Version : How about a "how too"

Truls
12-01-2006, 08:57 PM
The only thing i miss at this forum is a "how too" sticky, where you pros can put out the detailing line from A to z on a detailing job, there are some "how too`s" on this forum, but they are often hard to find when you need em.

Maybe by brand?

Duragloss How too..... example: 3 step shine 101, 105, AW, which pads, at which speed, cure time, layering. etc
XMT how too
Meguiars how too

Maybe the manufacturer would make the how too`s??

Or an:

Justins how too (those are close to what i mean)
Sparkies how too

I always look at the products you guys use when detailing a car, and often chose those products when im buying something new at AG (im now poor but happy)

See the prosses from swirl removal, to deep shine, which pad to which product, how long it have to stay on before removal, can it be layer etc

With or without pictures,

I my self probably have 1 million questions to ask, and sometimes i fell like im asking the same question as manny other have asked before. Starting to get some AG products in my garage,, and everytime i detail, i dont remeber simple things like "was i the DG 101 I should leave over the night or was it the DG 105"

Dont know if this is a mission impossible to do, But this is one h##l of a forum to learn from. Basicly everything i have learnd i have learnd from this forum, and im getting better regarding detailing every single day

Know there are some good examles at AG shop, but it would also be great to have them here at this forum as a sticky post.

ryandamartini
12-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Ive been working on a guide for some time. It is coming, But its being delayed from all my school work.

MikeyC
12-01-2006, 09:28 PM
You can always check out my guide. It doesn't necessarily name specific products, but it's full of "how to" articles.

||
||
||
||
\/

fordtruck
12-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Ive been working on a guide for some time. It is coming, But its being delayed from all my school work.

Why not put it/them out there and let other members help with the details and procedures - sort of a forum effort?

ScottB
12-01-2006, 10:46 PM
I find "search" works well on forum, and there is Detailing 101 (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)on the AG site.

Truls
12-02-2006, 04:40 AM
I find "search" works well on forum, and there is Detailing 101 (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)on the AG site.

Tryed to search, buy if you feks serach "duragloss" i comes upp 100 pages where the duragloos name apears. and you have to go thru every page to see if there is the informatin you are looking for