PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's new "paste" wax?

Pages : [1] 2

sportscarhiatus
11-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax, Meguiar's car wax, best car wax, Meguiars Ultimate Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-paste-wax.html)

So someone please help explain this product to me. From the description in the link above, it's a synthetic polymer paste wax. To my knowledge (I may be wrong), paste waxes are for the most part, nuba's. Fuzion is the exception, since it's a hybrid nuba with sealant properties.

So is this new Meguiar's product essentially like their version of a "fuzion"????

I am especially interested in this bold claim:
Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax lasts longer than a carnauba wax and even longer than many synthetic waxes.

Claiming that it lasts longer than a sealant is very bold indeed... for a paste wax!!!!!

If so, I am interested in trying this!!! When is it coming? And is it available OTC? or just through special sites like AG?

VISITOR
11-05-2010, 01:07 PM
if you also notice, it comes with a microfiber towel along with foam applicator and the msrp is $22.99. i'm curious as how it will sell to the average consumer, as they might think the price is kinda high compared to the competition next to them on the shelves...

sportscarhiatus
11-05-2010, 01:16 PM
if you also notice, it comes with a microfiber towel along with foam applicator and the msrp is $22.99. i'm curious as how it will sell to the average consumer, as they might think the price is kinda high compared to the competition next to them on the shelves...

You know what's funny? You know you're an AG detailing addict when you see $22.99 and think, "I don't want that wax because it's too cheap."

LOL...

Seriously though, 22.99 is cheap IMO, esp after spending $$$ to get Souveran and Fuzion and Supernatural. And additionally, spending the extra dough makes a difference.

If this new paste wax can rival the look and durability of Fuzion for 1/7th of the price of Fuzion, I'm in.

Dubbin1
11-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Claiming that it lasts longer than a sealant is very bold indeed... for a paste wax!!!!!

Remember it says "many" not all ;)

sportscarhiatus
11-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Remember it says "many" not all ;)

Indeed it did. Makes me wonder which ones they tested it against. And under what conditions....

Ahhhh... the beauty of "marketing" statements. Can't really quantify anything....

Dubbin1
11-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Indeed it did. Makes me wonder which ones they tested it against. And under what conditions....

Ahhhh... the beauty of "marketing" statements. Can't really quantify anything....

LOL I would be willing to bet one of them was their NXT 2.0. Nothing can be as bad as that crap.

Rob T
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
LOL I would be willing to bet one of them was their NXT 2.0. Nothing can be as bad as that crap.

Sure there can. NXT 1.0! ;)

Dubbin1
11-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Doesn't count since they no longer sell it :p

sportscarhiatus
11-05-2010, 01:36 PM

Rob... if I get this new Paste Wax from Meguiar's, it might be a "fuzion-beater". Want to trade my Fuzion back for this wax????

Im the MAN

WRAPT C5Z06
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
might be a "fuzion-beater".

Im the MAN
Nothing will, ever!!!!!! :p

Rob T
11-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Rob... if I get this new Paste Wax from Meguiar's, it might be a "fuzion-beater". Want to trade my Fuzion back for this wax????

Im the MAN

Uh, well, uh...let me think about it for a bit.

:laughing:

zliegen
11-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I think its more like competition for MaxWax than fuzion!

Old Tiger
11-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax, Meguiar's car wax, best car wax, Meguiars Ultimate Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-paste-wax.html)

So someone please help explain this product to me. From the description in the link above, it's a synthetic polymer paste wax. To my knowledge (I may be wrong), paste waxes are for the most part, nuba's. Fuzion is the exception, since it's a hybrid nuba with sealant properties.

So is this new Meguiar's product essentially like their version of a "fuzion"????

I am especially interested in this bold claim:
Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax lasts longer than a carnauba wax and even longer than many synthetic waxes.

If so, I am interested in trying this!!! When is it coming? And is it available OTC? or just through special sites like AG?

Most paste waxes contain nuba, but nott all, Duragloss and FK make a pure synthetic. The FK 1000 P is said to rival most sealants in durability. I think they make them because some guys prefer paste.

BobbyG
11-05-2010, 07:35 PM
You know what's funny? You know you're an AG detailing addict when you see $22.99 and think, "I don't want that wax because it's too cheap."

Man, I was thinking the same thing!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

$22.99 for wax, must be junk, pour me a cup of the good stuff $175.00. :laughing:

Kurt_s
11-05-2010, 07:58 PM
There was an interesting couple of posts going back to new Meguiar's 2010 products recently.

I understood the discussion to suggest that the market projected for NXT never developed and they couldn't rebrand NXT for the major segments of the consumer market. In other words, NXT failed from a marketing standpoint (some may say performance standpoint too) so both the new Gold Class Plus and Ultimate Wax products were introduced to better fit the OTC consumer market.

It will be interesting to learn how the Ultimate Wax performs.