PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Why only one side usable

Pages : [1] 2

charlestek
11-04-2010, 04:41 PM
I just received an order of the 530 Microfibers, and was surprised to see that the microfiber nap is only on one side of the towel. This seems to be a poorer value, since I thought most microfiber towels had the usable material on both sides.

zliegen
11-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Yeah I feel the same way, I need some long nap super plush towels that are plush on both sides so I can use waterless/rinseless washes with both sides to cut down on towel usage. None of the products on autogeek fit the bill for me so I'm going to have to buy some elsewhere. I was considering the cobra 530 or 600 but the long nap is only on one side.

edit:

and MOST microfibers do only have the long nap on one side, because of the manufacturing process its much easier and cheaper to weave them this way I believe.

Toymachine2009
11-04-2010, 04:46 PM
I feel you on that one. Kinda crappy not sure why they do that. If I wanted a polishing towel I would get one and if I wanted a drying towel i would get one but this half and half thing is not working out for me.

charlestek
11-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah, reading other forum posts has pointed me the Pakshak towels, but I don't know if they only have material on one side. These are very expensive towels to boot....

ScottB
11-04-2010, 04:54 PM
it is two sided for a reason, multi function. The thicker side is best used for sprays and quick detailers. The thin nap side is often better to remove waxes and polishes.

zliegen
11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
it is two sided for a reason, multi function. The thicker side is best used for sprays and quick detailers. The thin nap side is often better to remove waxes and polishes.
People aren't asking for multifunction though, they're asking for dedicated products to do a dedicated task. :props:

charlestek
11-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Hmm, I was worried the thin nap side was coarse and would scratch and not meant for use... However, I would prefer plush both sides because I want to be able to use one side and then turn it over and continue using it for the same purpose, not have to go to a brand new towel. It really cuts the value of the towel in half in my opinion. It would be better to offer grades of towels, for different purposes, but having the same nap on both sides. Are all the Cobra towels this way???

ScottB
11-04-2010, 05:01 PM
People aren't asking for multifunction though, they're asking for dedicated products to do a dedicated task. :props:

Its been in ad print since towel was introduced:

The Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel features double-sided construction, just like our Miracle Towel. One side of the Supreme Buff is plush and feathery soft. The other side has tighter, shorter loops for cleaning and polishing. Wipe off wax residue with the dense side of the towel and then flip it over for a gentle final buff. Both side of the towel are safe and gentle on any surface: paint, glass, metal, and plastics.

zliegen
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Its been in ad print since towel was introduced:

The Cobra Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel features double-sided construction, just like our Miracle Towel. One side of the Supreme Buff is plush and feathery soft. The other side has tighter, shorter loops for cleaning and polishing. Wipe off wax residue with the dense side of the towel and then flip it over for a gentle final buff. Both side of the towel are safe and gentle on any surface: paint, glass, metal, and plastics.
I've never said that you guys were misleading in any manner, your product picture and description both show the different sides of the towel. I just wish you guys would offer towels that were made with two plush sides. The only one I see is the Carrand Max Soft one.

ScottB
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Griot's Garage Speed Shine Micro Fiber Cloths, Griots Speed Shine Cloths, Griots Garage Microfiber Towels (http://autogeek.net/griots-speed-shine-microfiber.html)

You all might like these if looking for an ultra thick and soft towel. I use these traditionally only with sprays. The purple Jr 600's are another option but does have a little difference in loop between both sides.

charlestek
11-04-2010, 05:08 PM
I never read that far down in the description. From my past experience with Meguiar's microfibers I assumed the towel was the same on both sides.

ScottB
11-04-2010, 05:12 PM
I never read that far down in the description. From my past experience with Meguiar's microfibers I assumed the towel was the same on both sides.

Ive collected MF towels from many manufacturers and most are two sided. Some more noticable than others. When we brought out the Shamrocks it was the thickest and ultra plush but some experienced linting and it was reduced and sold out. It was suppose to be a dedicated spray towel.

As in past post, you might like these from Carrand:
Carrand Microfiber MAX Soft Touch Detailing Towel, buffing towel, microfiber towel, micro fiber, detail towels (http://autogeek.net/detailing-towel.html)
I have never tried them. They certainly look quite plush on both sides.

Lasthope05
11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
A have some shag rags from the rag shak are awesome towels. They are dual sided long nap towels. They are actually thickest towels I have and noticeability thicker than the old AG shamrocks. If you order from Justin mention detailingbliss in the comment box for 10% off.

Old Tiger
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
The infamous Shamrocks fit the plush on both sides bill. It is one of my favorites, but I never had linting issues that some did. The problem led to the Shamrocks demise. The Pak Shak MF's are superb, but have a tighter knap on one side too!CG Sasquatch fits the bill, but doesnt absorb as well as the deep thread side of a 600 or 530. Pak Shak is the Daddy Rabbit of all MF;s IMO FWIW!

Setec Astronomy
11-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I wonder if making it with a long nap on both sides presents some manufacturing problem which resulted in the linting, there must be a reason why almost all of the plush towels have a long and short side.