PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Paint Sealants

Pages : [1] 2

MirandaAutoSpa
11-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi
My wife and I own a small mobile detailing business and we are going to offer a winter sealing package soon. I use mostly Megs and Automagic products which are close by us to purchase so thats what we use. I love Megs waxes and polishes. Anyways the package consists of Exterior Only Hand Wash (Foam Cannon), Hand Dry (Soft Micros), Clay-bar, DA Porter Cable One-Step polish with either Megs Detailer PRC, or Mirror Glaze Quick Detailer, then I want to use a nice sealant that is DA friendly, wipe on wipe off, doesn't take overnight to dry since each detail we want to last about hour and a half or so.
In the Megs line what would work best?
For those who use Automagic what would work best?
I know Automagic is lower grade chems but they have a local distrib. here and it works for now.
I would however think about purchasing a high quality paint sealant on ADS or Autogeek if it does what we need and it is reasonably affordable. Not looking for Boutique items just a durable sealant. Collinite? Yes...No?

Thank You Guys I know you'll help out.
Phil & Jess
Miranda Detailing

CEE DOG
11-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Collinite 845 :xyxthumbs:

Dubbin1
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi
My wife and I own a small mobile detailing business and we are going to offer a winter sealing package soon. I use mostly Megs and Automagic products which are close by us to purchase so thats what we use. I love Megs waxes and polishes. Anyways the package consists of Exterior Only Hand Wash (Foam Cannon), Hand Dry (Soft Micros), Clay-bar, DA Porter Cable One-Step polish with either Megs Detailer PRC, or Mirror Glaze Quick Detailer, then I want to use a nice sealant that is DA friendly, wipe on wipe off, doesn't take overnight to dry since each detail we want to last about hour and a half or so.

You are looking to do all of that work in and hour and a half???

CEE DOG
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
You are looking to do all of that work in and hour and a half???

Scratch Collinite... Make that Ultima Paint Guard Plus :laughing:

Rob T
11-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Scratch Collinite... Make that Ultima Paint Guard Plus :laughing:

Better yet, make it Opti-Seal! :props:

AeroCleanse
11-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Dubbin1
11-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not gonna answer until I find out if they are really doing all this work in that short of time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ScottB
11-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Rejex...

RejeX by Corrosion Technologies Corporation, RejeX paint sealant, CorrosionX lubricant penetrant, Corrosion X, Rejects (http://www.autogeek.net/corrosion-technologies.html)

Dp Poli-Coat

DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant, polymer paint sealant, auto paint sealant, DP Policoat paint sealant, paint sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-poli-coat-32oz.html)

and a whole area for larger professional size products:
Buy car care products in bulk or case lots for valuable savings! Microfiber multi-packs, gallon sizes, bundles of towels, and full cases of your (http://www.autogeek.net/discount-car-care.html)

MirandaAutoSpa
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Yeah... here in in this area people are looking for clean, shiny and protected, NOT swirl free and corrected paint. Mind you this is a simple detail. We can obviously can not do REAL polishing to perfected paint in that time frame, Average daily drivers don't appreciate it. We use a Porter Cable or Dewalt Rotary to one-step clean/polish the paint then apply a LSP.
I was thinking of the Collinite brand, it looks affordable and from what I have read is very durable.
How does Collinite apply and wipe off? Easy...hard?
Thank You for the responses.

MirandaAutoSpa
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Also how durable is Opti-Seal? You just spray wipe and walk away...Really? Does the paint HAVE to be perfectly polished to remove swirls and defects for it to work? Sounds to easy and not like it would work... but I know you guys use it so it must be good.

tommyt53
11-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Wet Paint Glaze. Google it, it's the bomb.

MirandaAutoSpa
11-03-2010, 10:08 PM
thanks
How about Klasse? How Durable? Easy to use?

yakky
11-04-2010, 07:39 AM
thanks
How about Klasse? How Durable? Easy to use?

Wayyy too difficult to use in your time frame, you need to use KAIO and then follow with KSG.

The suggested Collinite 845IW is a great choice. However Duragloss 501 could replace your polishing step and add a very durable sealant all in one step.

silverfox
11-04-2010, 08:05 AM
My vote is for Collinite #915....its perfect for the DA polisher (gray pad)....and it wipes off easy. All the Collinite waxes are excellent protection, but #915 has that extra "pop" in terms of deep, gloss look.

I've tried a lot of non-wax sealants...but for my money, nothing looks as good as a good wax sealant, and Collinite products should be a the top of anybody's wax list. They've been around a long time....and their products LAST for months, not weeks.

BobbyG
11-04-2010, 09:31 AM
The biggest obstacle I see is the time-frame in which you expect to do this amount of work.

Most sealants typically require curing time to be fully effective so I don't think a sealant is the best choice.

Using a one step product like Klasse AIO will allow you to meet your time-line and provide the customer with some pretty nice results.

If you do want to two step process then I'd take a good look at Meguiar's D151. Here's what they say about it.

"Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151 is aggressive enough to remove severe defects, yet gentle enough to produce a durable swirl free finish. Change Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151's performance by simply adjusting your method of application. Change from a cutting pad to a light cutting pad, for example, to remove imperfections without holograms. Use the Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher for light defect removal and a rotary buffer for heavier paint correction. Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151 is the fully adjustable polish!"

Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151 (http://autogeek.net/meguiars-paint-reconditioning-cream-d151.html)

For protection I'd follow this up with a coat of Collinite 845, this will be tough combination to beat.... :props: