PDA

View Full Version : Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

IID
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm looking to save some time cleaning/conditioning customer's that have leather interior.
Currently i'm using a (2) part process.First the leather is cleaned,then I go thru and condition it.Both with a competitor's product.
Can I PLEASE get some recommendation's what you are using (from AG) to do both application's with a once over?

Thank You :cheers:

jpegs13
11-02-2010, 01:23 AM
I don't know if such a product exists. Cleaner and conditioner in one.

Toymachine2009
11-02-2010, 02:24 AM
Steam Cleaner.. There is a whole thread on a steam cleaner.. That cleans leather probably the best and fastest then after its clean apply a leather conditioner and your set.. Should def speed up time cleaning leather.

trhland
11-02-2010, 05:01 AM
pinnacle cleaner and conditioner!

jpegs13
11-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Yup, sorry Tom's right:
Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner - Agreed upon by leather care pros world wide, leather requires both cleaning and conditioning to keep it (http://www.autogeek.net/pileclco.html)

CEE DOG
11-02-2010, 06:05 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/22192-review-1z-einszett-leather-care.html

1Z Einszett Leather Care (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-leather-care.html)

For really bad or old grime you might need a stronger cleaner though...

ScottB
11-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Corey and Tom offered some great AIO leather products. As offered if you need a dedicated cleaner many others exist for grimy leather (and an upcharge).

Y2KSVT
11-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Meguiar's lists a leather cleaner and conditioner in one, as one of their new products for 2011. If I have to guess, it should be competitively priced, especially when compared to Pinnacle products. We'll have to wait until it rolls out to find out how well it works.

Mark

chuckr
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
I've been using Leatherique for years. I know it is two products...but
most quality leather treatments seem to be in a pair for a reason.
I don't use the Leatherique cleaner everytime I detail, the rejuvenator
seems to do good on its own.

The_Auto_Tech
11-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I currently have Meguiar's Aloe Leather Cleaner and Meguiar's Aloe Leather Conditioner. They are a two part system with two separate bottles. IMO, both in one won't give you quite the cleaning and conditioning you need. With two separate bottles you can get the best of both worlds and they're cheap. I think it cost me like 8 dollars for each bottle and they're like a 12 oz. bottle. Great stuff, best I've used so far.

toxygene
11-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I've been using Leatherique for years. I know it is two products...but
most quality leather treatments seem to be in a pair for a reason.
I don't use the Leatherique cleaner everytime I detail, the rejuvenator
seems to do good on its own.

I also like Leatherique, but if the goal is to save time, then a product that is left to sit a day or longer is probably not the answer.

I have heard good things about the Wolfgang and Pinnacle products but have not tried them yet.

wytstang
11-04-2010, 07:44 PM
PB Leather Stuff is also an AIO and if I'm not mistaken Op leather protectant has cleaners but very very light cleaners. I would go with PB's for an affordable AIO product.

IID
11-04-2010, 09:01 PM
There's alot of great options here,Thanks Everyone :cheers:

For my lighter cleaning applications,I decided to go with Meg's D180 and for the Heavier soiled leather application's i'll just stick with the (2) part process.
When I have a customer that does indeed have the heavier soiled leather and I have to use a leather cleaner and then go back and use a leather conditioner,i'm going to make a little bit more.When the application call's for the D180,price will stay the same.