PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's new products for 2011!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Shane731
11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
EDIT: Never mind, looks like Big Al already posted it! :doh:

Oh well. Here's the link again.

LINK REMOVED TO VENDORS FORUM. GOOGLE: Meguiars

aerogt01
11-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Just take a look. . . there are a HUGE number of new and improved products.

It looks like the NXT line might fall by the wayside. . .

C. Charles Hahn
11-01-2010, 11:45 AM
It looks like the NXT line might fall by the wayside. . .

I've been getting the impression that NXT was largely a failure for Meg's.

I remember back when it first came out was around the time the "Fast and The Furious" type movies were highly popular and it looked like the young import tuner crowd was going to really take off, so that's who they targeted; the market for car care products in that segment just wasn't there though. They've since tried to give the line broader appeal, but it just hasn't stuck in the mainstream retail market as far as I can tell. So, time to move on, revamp the Gold Class line, and add/expand the "Ultimate" line with products that will sell by resonating with more customers.

:props:

Dubbin1
11-01-2010, 11:46 AM
LOL so much for the rumor of the new and improved M105.

aerogt01
11-01-2010, 11:53 AM

Umm. . D/A Microfiber System from Megs <-- Even better.

WestEnd
11-01-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't like the names of the products, for some reason it turns me off. I like Megs products but I often have to fight myself on them being a mass market WalMart type of hype. Maybe stupid, maybe shallow but I do think it and it bothers me.

Disclaimer: I do have the 110v2 and use 105/205 and like them.

Mike McDonald
11-01-2010, 12:32 PM
NXT is not a favorite of mine... I used it because I'm a poor college kid (hah) and it noticeably darkened and clouded my red paint. For $16 just not worth it. Now I stick with Auto Geek products that I cannot afford!

C. Charles Hahn
11-01-2010, 12:34 PM

I thought Jason Rose had squashed that rumor weeks ago....

AndrewBall
11-01-2010, 12:53 PM
new air tools are nice. although i wish a company would make a corded drill designed for spot buffing and headlight repair. I currently use a Milwaukee corded drill with fantastic results. but its a huge bulky tool.

these microfiber pads are interesting. similar to surbuff? or are they intended for product removal like a bonnet?

WestEnd
11-01-2010, 12:57 PM
these microfiber pads are interesting. similar to surbuff? or are they intended for product removal like a bonnet?

I am curious about these too, despite the compound names lol. Megs site looks like they have more details in the future, they seem kinda quiet about them.

aerogt01
11-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I believe they are actually intended to be used in place of the foam pads we are used to.

mcpp66
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I hope the new Ultimate Wax smells as good as the Nxt Tech Wax 2.0!

VISITOR
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
EDIT: Never mind, looks like Big Al already posted it! :doh:

Oh well. Here's the link again.

shane, no worries. rather than have two threads of the same, i posted a link to this one...

WestEnd
11-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I believe they are actually intended to be used in place of the foam pads we are used to.

So with these how do you think you can adjust the cut like we do using different foam pads? Or is there a need to, maybe the one pad being designed with the compound and wax will remove anything up to a certain grit? This could be very dependant on what you are trying to accomplish.

EDIT: somewhat answered my question at MOL, looks like the pads will be backed with different foam for different cutting somehow.

So far I am most interested in this new product.

AndrewBall
11-01-2010, 01:57 PM
So with these how do you think you can adjust the cut like we do using different foam pads? Or is there a need to, maybe the one pad being designed with the compound and wax will remove anything up to a certain grit? This could be very dependant on what you are trying to accomplish.

EDIT: somewhat answered my question at MOL, looks like the pads will be backed with different foam for different cutting somehow.

So far I am most interested in this new product.

interesting.