PDA

View Full Version : step 1, 2, 3......6?

jonn127
10-31-2010, 09:01 PM
So far i'm liking the results that the M105 and M205 are giving me. Its after that I'm not 100% on what should be next. Seems like if I wanted to I could go with a glaze next, then a sealant, then a wax? Correct me if i'm wrong, but you obviously need to seal before your wax. Correction, you can do either, I prefer the longer lasting sealant. So basically, all this to say, what should be my step AFTER the 205 and before the sealant. Or is 205 meant to do a good enough job to go straight to the sealant? I'd prefer to stick with the Meguiars line till I use up the 105 and 205 combo.
Currently my stock is the 105, 205, then I have the wolfgant TSR and Glaze and Sealant. Would it be beneficial to use the Wolfgan Glaze as a 3rd step, then use a selant?
My thinking was to keep the Wolfgangs for cars with "not too bad" a finish, then the megs for cars that need a tougher cut. I feel like the WG twins would be a step 2 and 3, while the Megs is a step 1 and 2. Does that make sense?

BobbyG
10-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Here's a few steps that might offer some good suggestions.

Car Wash: Duragloss 901, DP Extreme Foam, Meguiar's Hyper-Wash
Clay: Any non abrasive clay will work well
Compound: Menzerna Power Gloss, Meguiar's M105
Medium Polish: Menzerna Power Finish, Meguiar's M205
Final Polish: Menzerna PO85RD
Liquid Sealant: Menzerna Power Lock, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
Liquid Wax: Collinite 845, Pinnacle Souveran,
Paste wax: Pinnacle Signature Series, Poorboy's Natty, DP Max Wax, Wolfgang Fusion
Trim: Poorboy's World Trim Restore, Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant
Wheel Cleaner: Meguiar's Wheel Brightener or Amazing Roll=Off
Wheel Wax: DP Wheel Glaze, Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant

jonn127
10-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks BobbyG, that helps a ton actually.