PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Signature Series II for light metallics??

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm going to buy some again for my metallic silver. I had it awhile back, but can't really remember what the outcome was. I only used it once(sold it) because I don't like applying waxes by hand. I will be applying it by DA, it's seems easier than I thought. Can I do 3 consecutive layers without curing? It won't stain trim? I tend to over apply wax on silver because it's so hard to see what's covered. Is over applying(not ridiculous) an issue with this wax? I remember it applies and removes like a breeze.

ScottB
10-31-2010, 03:38 PM
It is indeed very forgiving on over application and a nice choice (Liquid Souveran is another) on lighter metallics.

You might search for "spit shining" if doing multiple coats of a Nuba in a single day.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
It is indeed very forgiving on over application and a nice choice (Liquid Souveran is another) on lighter metallics.

You might search for "spit shining" if doing multiple coats of a Nuba in a single day.
After thinking about it, I like the idea of paste waxes via DA because I can easily apply the product to cover the whole pad. I really like this idea to get a uniform coat.

Without spit shining, is it not recommended to layer nuba waxes ever, or just in a single day?

rwright
10-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Mark, I applied 3 layers one day allowing 1 hour between each. I had no issues. Hope this helps.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Mark, I applied 3 layers one day allowing 1 hour between each. I had no issues. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Richard.

Why does it say on the website that you can layer Sig Series II if there could be potential problems? I thought about doing a base coat of WGDGPS, then topping with a wax, but how can the looks not be distorted when you have 2 different products trying to to their own thing?

BobbyG
10-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Mark,

I like Pinnacle Signature Series ll and apply it with my DA polisher. I use a brush and transfer it from the tub to the pad then have at it. It is more work than using a liquid? Yes, but this works very well for me and my approach for applying just about all my paste style waxes. :props:

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Mark,

I like Pinnacle Signature Series ll and apply it with my DA polisher. I use a brush and transfer it from the tub to the pad then have at it. It is more work than using a liquid? Yes, but this works very well for me and my approach for applying just about all my paste style waxes. :props:
Thanks, Bobby. What kind of brush do you use to transfer the product?

BobbyG
10-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks, Bobby. What kind of brush do you use to transfer the product?

Hey Mark,

I took an old 1" wide paint brush and trimmed the bristles to about 1" long, maybe a little shorter. Using it with this length bristle allows me to brush the surface of the wax, transferring wax onto the bristles then I brush it on the foam pad. Once I get to what I think is enough I'm off and running. I think this method will work well with any paste wax as long as it isn't rock hard.

I'm a true advocate of applying waxes with a DA polisher. It's easy, consistent, and allows me to really work the wax into the surface without wasting allot of product. I'm not sure that I'd be willing to go that route especially with all the great waxes available today.

I saw a photo or video where a block of wax was held against the foam pad while it was running in order to transfer an antiquate amount of product.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2010, 09:33 PM
What's the least amount of time I can expect with Sig series 2, daily driver, very little rain, and not a very hot or cold climate, 1 month?

ScottB
10-31-2010, 09:37 PM
What's the least amount of time I can expect with Sig series 2, daily driver, very little rain, and not a very hot or cold climate, 1 month?

SSII has polymers and lasts longer than Souveran Paste. With washing with Pinnacle soap you should see around 6-8 weeks of protection. You can boost it with Souveran Spray Wax as desired also.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks, Scott. I just added it to my cart.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-31-2010, 09:43 PM
As far as the pinnacle shampoo, would 1 oz. Per 3 gallons be sufficient?

Kurt_s
10-31-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks, Scott. I just added it to my cart.

Mark, I'm looking forward to hearing how you like Sig II.

Dr Oldz
11-01-2010, 12:47 AM

I found that unless used at a one oz to a gallon ratio that it isn't slick enough for my liking! Works great at this ratio for me....just a bit pricy tho! As far as the SSII goes you are gonna love it on silver metallic! I have been using a pot for about a month now and I think its awesome! WOWO just too easy! And it pops right out of the can to apply to a da...I used a clear sandwich bag.

ScottB
11-01-2010, 08:22 AM

I gotta admit I only eye-ball it. And in the last two years other than an ONR wash, I use my foam gun for all washing.