PDA

View Full Version : tips on clear coat hardness

Pages : 1 [2]

Mike Phillips
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
I think it's great that the manufacture,

A: Knows enough about the paint system to categorize it. (assuming they are correct in their assessment)

B: Cares enough for the people that will work on the paint down the road to include a sticker with some information. I'd like to see this trend increase.

Maybe an URL address with a list of approved refinish materials would be good too...

:)

james_death
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Nice touch but when all said and done we dont take anyones word on how hard or soft a finish is we check ourselves i wont take there word and certainly not a sticker that could have been put on at anytime by anyone.

Never come across one myself...:xyxthumbs:

VIP Reflections
06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
thats weird. i owned 2 infiniti's (00' Q45 and 05' G35) and detail many infiniti's as i am a detailing vendor on a local infiniti car club/forum. never seen anything like that. idk if i missed it or if its only on older models?. but their new type of paint aside, infiniti paint has been some of the softest paint i worked with.

Flash Gordon
06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Infiniti labels there cars like this (in most cases) there's usually a small sticker located on the bottom portion of the hood

Everyone that I have seen, states something like this > "this car is equipted with hard clear coat"

I remember the 1st time I saw this sticker. I was like, "thanks for the reminder"

Flash Gordon
06-29-2011, 03:35 PM
well this car has come back for an A/C repair and i managed to get a picture of the sticker i was talkng about. so has anyone else seen this? the sticker is under the hood located near the hood struts

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/detailgod/clearcoatsticker.jpg

And there it is ^

I should read past the first page before responding :o

That would make an awesome avitar IMO

Marc Hufnagel
10-09-2012, 07:39 AM
well this car has come back for an A/C repair and i managed to get a picture of the sticker i was talkng about. so has anyone else seen this? the sticker is under the hood located near the hood struts

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/detailgod/clearcoatsticker.jpg

My vibrant red '12 has this exact sticker. I had an '11 that had a different one that eluded to the scratch shield coating. Didn't impress me at all, that one.

cardaddy
11-20-2012, 11:41 PM
:rolleyes:I know this thread is pretty old, (new member reading old threads). But..... I just can't help but comment on Infiniti paint. I've never I mean N-E-V-E-R seen a paint that's so soft and so freaking thin! I mean the clear coat stuff is better, but the Laser Red is the worst freaking stuff I've owned in my life. (and I've owned dozens of cars since the 70's) I honestly believe had I not put a clear bra on mine 'day one' that I would have done a repaint on it before it hit 5000 miles.

Don't drive the car in the rain, hardly ever at night even. It's been a garaged car since I brought it home new and has more chips in it than any of my other cars. Shoulda' got the blue one! :bash: