PDA

View Full Version : Need advice.

Pages : [1] 2 3

IOMCAMARO
10-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Ok, I have a 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic Camaro. I have the Griot's 6" RO and their pads and polishes, but they don't satisfy what I want. I'm making a list of stuff that I need. You might say since it is new, the clear can't be that bad, but it has been keyed 3 times, and I before I knew anything about detailing, I used the brush at a local car wash..... and the dealer swirls are ridiculous. I'm looking to make a list to remove all defects and make cleaning easier, this includes pads, polishes, brushes, waxes, wheel cleaner, the whole shabam. I have about a $300-$400 budget and I'm not getting these for just my car. I detail cars on the side. Mostly interior cleaning, claying, and waxing, so if there is a chance to buy in gallons cheaper please advise me. Thanks for your time. I really look forward to reading different opinions.

fancyfootwork
10-30-2010, 03:08 PM
but it has been keyed 3 times

How deep are these 3 key marks? If these are down to the primer your gonna need a respray. 2010 and its keyed? Was this before or after you bought it?

IOMCAMARO
10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
After, I ordered it. I'm a teenage kid and other kids get jealous..... and I know one of them has to be repainted, but the other ones aren't through the clear coat.

fancyfootwork
10-30-2010, 03:46 PM
You may want to file a vandalism report (if you already haven't) and then pay the $100 deductible or whatever your insurance rate is and have it repainted. Their is zero point in spending all this money on products to fix swirls when you can't do anything about the key scratch.

Do you have any pics?

Oh and also (I don't recommend this), but .. my 02 Camry was keyed a few years ago. I found out who did it and beat their ass.. car wasn't touched ever again.

IOMCAMARO
10-30-2010, 04:39 PM
My deductible is $500. I might as well not even file it lol. I'm on the same insurance with my dad and sister, and my sister has had 8 wrecks in three years including the one that she totaled her 2006 cobalt in. the entire key mark didn't go through, there was just 2 little spots. I'm going to touch them up with the langka system. I have already fixed the notorious gill chips that the new Camaros are getting. P.S. The key mark is only like 2 inches long and only the 2 end points went to the primer. I'll get pics up tomorrow.

Dubbin1
10-30-2010, 04:45 PM
my sister has had 8 wrecks in three years including the one that she totaled her 2006 cobalt in.

Holy god please tell me what city you live in so I can be sure to stay away.

IOMCAMARO
10-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Lawrenceburg, IN. Across the border from Cincy.

IOMCAMARO
10-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Ok, I have a 2010 Inferno Orange Metallic Camaro. I have the Griot's 6" RO and their pads and polishes, but they don't satisfy what I want. I'm making a list of stuff that I need. You might say since it is new, the clear can't be that bad, but it has been keyed 3 times, and I before I knew anything about detailing, I used the brush at a local car wash..... and the dealer swirls are ridiculous. I'm looking to make a list to remove all defects and make cleaning easier, this includes pads, polishes, brushes, waxes, wheel cleaner, the whole shabam. I have about a $300-$400 budget and I'm not getting these for just my car. I detail cars on the side. Mostly interior cleaning, claying, and waxing, so if there is a chance to buy in gallons cheaper please advise me. Thanks for your time. I really look forward to reading different opinions.

P.S I have fabric interior, not leather.

IOMCAMARO
10-30-2010, 11:50 PM
86 views and no advice....... I already have a Griot's DA. I just need to know what to get with that. The polishes don't give me the results that I would like to achieve.

mrvelvet
10-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Take a look at the Menzerna polishes. I cannot suggest anything because I have never picked up a DA. I am only playing off of peoples' reviews and high recommendations as I am still very new to detailing.

VISITOR
10-31-2010, 02:14 AM
what pads, polishes/compounds do you currently have in your arsenal?

BobbyG
10-31-2010, 08:17 AM
If I had that car someone's fingers would be broken right now!

The 1969 Camaro is my favorite body style and many of its attributes were incorporated into the new Camaro so I absolutely love them! The orange color looks great on it as it does on the C6 Corvette's.

Your polisher is a good choice. It provides plenty of power allowing you to achieve your goals with the proper pad and product combination.

For heavier swirls start off with an orange Lake Country 5 1/2" pad

Compound - Menzerna Power Gloss POS34A with with an orange Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Polish - Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA with a white Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Polish - Menzerna Final Polish PO85RD with a gray Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Sealant - Menzerna Power Lock Paint sealant with a blue Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Wax - There are so many to choose from but I like Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Pinnacle Signature ll, or Collinite 845

IOMCAMARO
10-31-2010, 12:16 PM
what pads, polishes/compounds do you currently have in your arsenal?
I have Griot's pads and and 3 machine polishes 1,2, and 3. I'm not satisfied with the results from them. I don't think they're strong enough.

IOMCAMARO
10-31-2010, 12:17 PM
If I had that car someone's fingers would be broken right now!

The 1969 Camaro is my favorite body style and many of its attributes were incorporated into the new Camaro so I absolutely love them! The orange color looks great on it as it does on the C6 Corvette's.

Your polisher is a good choice. It provides plenty of power allowing you to achieve your goals with the proper pad and product combination.

For heavier swirls start off with an orange Lake Country 5 1/2" pad

Compound - Menzerna Power Gloss POS34A with with an orange Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Polish - Menzerna Super Finish PO106FA with a white Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Polish - Menzerna Final Polish PO85RD with a gray Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Sealant - Menzerna Power Lock Paint sealant with a blue Lake Country 5 1/2" pad
Wax - There are so many to choose from but I like Pinnacle Liquid Souveran, Pinnacle Signature ll, or Collinite 845

Do Lake Country 6.5" pads work any good with the Griot's DA because if I have to get 5.5" pads, I'll need a new backing plate.

VISITOR
10-31-2010, 01:17 PM
I have Griot's pads and and 3 machine polishes 1,2, and 3. I'm not satisfied with the results from them. I don't think they're strong enough.

try picking up some megs ultimate compound (pick it up at walmart for under $8) and use the orange pad (since you already have it), and see where it gets you...