PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Steam Cleaners

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

sabrina
02-17-2011, 05:00 AM
Allow the engine-cleaning product to sit for the amount of time recommended within the instructions. That will be somewhat dependent upon the amount of dirt and oil that must be removed from the vehicle.

(http://www.ehow.com/how_4532110_steamcleaning-car-engine.html#ixzz1ED0q7s7N)

DaVinciAutoSpa
03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
got it today. didnt get to try it on any cars yet but i did test it out in my bathroom on some grout that needed attention. I was impressed, it definitely cleaned the grout out. it wasnt perfect but for just using some hot water and a gentle scrub with the supplied tool it did a good job. My GF was impressed.

I will post a full review tomorrow.

So how did it work out?

JSMet
06-30-2011, 10:54 PM
I damn near agonized over what type and how expensive a steam cleaner to purchase. I researched, talked to folks, checked my threadbare bank account, and vacillated for two months just weighing the pros and cons. I finally bought the VX5000, after gulping at the cost. The kicker for me was the fact that I NEED it for more than just detailing my car. I plan to use it on everything possible in the house, and I was really afraid of buying one that I saved money on but later regretted having, because it either was cheap quality, fell apart too soon and I had to fight with the seller to have it fixed or replaced, was inadequate for the job I wanted it to perform, etc., etc., etc. I remember biting the bullet and getting a Flex 3401, and I am glad I spent the extra dollars because it is truly a quality piece of equipment worth the money. I hope the same is true for the VX5000, because more than anything else, I HATE spending money for something and regretting it because I spent less trying to economize and end up getting screwed with something that falls apart on me.

V3AutoDetailing
06-30-2011, 11:11 PM
You wont be disapointed. The vx5000 is a great peice

detroitdetailer
06-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Very late to the post but I have a 905 steamer and it is absolutley useless. All it does is spray out hot water which does not clean anything. Obvisously it is a wack machine or I am not using it properly. Any suggestions???

DaVinciAutoSpa
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
My 905 just died this week. Worked really good at first but it started to not clean as well as time went on.

I'm getting the vx5000.