PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Steam Cleaners

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Kurt_s
10-29-2010, 12:22 PM
You can use them for a whole lot more then cleaning you cars. Just think how much easier it would be to clean your BBQ grill ;)

Would I have to write a review here or just the BBQ grill forum? :)

Dubbin1
10-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Would I have to write a review here or just the BBQ grill forum? :)

Both :D

AndrewBall
10-29-2010, 07:40 PM
i think i am going to order the Wagner off amazon for $70

i havent hit check out yet. im having buyers remorse and haven't bought it yet. :help:

Rsurfer
10-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Didn't do a lot of shopping but AFAIK there seems to be a large gap between the hundred buck models and the $695 VX5000. There's a couple in that price range here:

Vapor Steam Cleaners: Residential and Commercial (http://www.allergybuyersclubshopping.com/vapor-steam-cleaners.html)

The jury is still out on the McCulloch durability for me. I suppose I'm pessimistic due to the price point and all the plastic parts. One of the better attachments is for floors, it uses a velcroed MF pad that's washable. Seems to leave the floors wetter than you'd expect... probably one of the 'features' of a low-budget machine. If the concrete doesn't get incredibly cruddy this may work fine for you. Might want to pick up some extra MF pads as only two are included. Accessories are available on SteamFast's Web site as well as their branded units.

TL
Thanks for the reply. My concrete floor is very rough since it's outdoors (top covered-sides open to the weather) they used a lot of non slip granules. I don't think a mf type mop would work very well. My thought was using a wide spray pattern and push the dirt and water to the side and then mop it up. I"m lost as far as what's the best method and right tools.

Toymachine2009
10-29-2010, 10:35 PM
i think i am going to order the Wagner off amazon for $70

i havent hit check out yet. im having buyers remorse and haven't bought it yet. :help:

Please get it and answer these 50 peoples questions on if its good or not. Half the forum is depending on you to review it so we can all make our purchases lol. As soon as you say the words its good to go.. All the sudden that company will see 50 steamers sold that day lol and be like hmmm I wonder what happened that day.

C. Charles Hahn
10-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Actually, I have to say I'm surprised Autogeek doesn't carry any steamers of any sort. Considering that they're highly useful detailing tools that are gaining in popularity and would go hand in hand with extractors, it would make logical sense for AG to distribute one or two different models (maybe one budget model, and one high end model?)

Toymachine2009
10-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Actually, I have to say I'm surprised Autogeek doesn't carry any steamers of any sort. Considering that they're highly useful detailing tools that are gaining in popularity and would go hand in hand with extractors, it would make logical sense for AG to distribute one or two different models (maybe one budget model, and one high end model?)

AG should make there own brand steamer sort of like they did there cobra towels. Specifically for cars so it has all these attachments for seats or vinyl and door jams and what not.

Pats300zx
10-30-2010, 07:03 AM
I got the Wagner when it was on sale at Sears for $50 with free shipping. I need to use it one of these days :)

Southern Stang
10-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Check craigslist too! I scored a robby vapor vs3000 for $50. It retails somewhere around $1300 i think, and is sorta similar to the vx5000.

AndrewBall
10-31-2010, 09:32 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/29888-great-indoors-examples-vehicle-interior-detailing-autolavish.html

i think this thread gives us all the hope we can for the effectiveness of a steamer

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr220/jacobbunyan/2008%20Chrysler%20PT%20Cruiser%20GT%20Interior%20D etail/DSC01347.jpg

he is using either the wagner or a mculloch steamer.

im sold and just ordered my wagner!

Shade Tree
10-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Check craigslist too! I scored a robby vapor vs3000 for $50. It retails somewhere around $1300 i think, and is sorta similar to the vx5000.

Close ......... pricing is generally under $600 new.

I have the VX5000 and know these two to be similar with the biggest difference being the 5000 is stainless.

adamturbo
11-01-2010, 01:36 AM
I have been looking at a steamer for awhile myself. I am leaning more towards the "consumer" level, as I'm not sure I can justify the cost of the more expensive ones.

While I was looking for a Wagner/McCulloch/SteamFast at retail stores, I came across the Euroflex Monster SC60 steamer at my local Costco (in Canada).

Costco - Euroflex Monster Steam Cleaner (http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10329754&Ntt=steam&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&s=1&N=0&Mo=4&No=3&Ntk=Text_Search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&lang=en-CA&Sp=S&search=steam&topnav=&Nty=1)

Monster SC60 Portable Domestic Pressurised Cylinder Steam Cleaner (http://www.euroflex.co.uk/sc60-monster.shtml)

Apparently it has a stainless steel boiler...

MrHandWash
11-03-2010, 11:05 AM
That's the result of a APC degreaser and a wager steam cleaner w/ MF towels? *SOLD, now I must have one once I start up :xyxthumbs:

Midnight1700
11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I also have the vx5000 and it is awsome. On an average DD, 1 fill in the steamer will complete the whole car. I really like the water jetting feature for doing door jams and hinges.

adamturbo
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I e-mailed Wagner for information on the 905 steamer, the numbers are making the vx 5000 look worth the price.

Wagner 905
Boiler material: aluminum
Boiler temperature: 212F
Boiler pressure: 41 psi
Power draw is 10 to 12 amps