PDA

View Full Version : fast cure sealent

Pages : [1] 2

john b
10-28-2010, 03:33 AM
is there such a thing as a fast cure sealent-the reason i ask is saturday i need and want to 2 get 2 coats of sealent on but i only have a couple of hours-and thoughts on that or pehaps wax than sealeni hve dp sealent-menz sealent and pb liquid natty 2 work with rite now:hungry::xyxthumbs::dblthumb2::buffing:Feed back please

TroyScherer
10-28-2010, 04:50 AM
is there such a thing as a fast cure sealent-the reason i ask is saturday i need and want to 2 get 2 coats of sealent on but i only have a couple of hours-and thoughts on that or pehaps wax than sealeni hve dp sealent-menz sealent and pb liquid natty 2 work with rite now:hungry::xyxthumbs::dblthumb2::buffing:Feed back please

First off you will need to do your sealant first then top it with a wax. Both the Menz & DP sealant need to have 12-24 hr cure time before you re-apply or top with a sealant. I have heard of some sealant that have an accelerator and allows you to apply up to 3 coats in 12 hours. (It says you can apply 3 coats with only about 1 hr of cure time but no more that 3 coats in 24hrs.) But AG doesn't carry this, so I will not mention it at this time.

Kokopelli
10-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Zaino ZFX and Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent are two example products that can speed up a sealants curing process, if used with the compatible products manufacturer states. Can bring a 12-24 hour curing process down to 2 hours as far as I know.

Other than these, I've been recommended Optimum Opti Seal Spray sealant for quick detailing sessions, in between rain clouds passing by. It is said to have a 30 mins curing time and its Wipe On Walk Away nature saves some time too.

dougaross
10-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent 601 used with DG501, DG105, DG101, DG111 is claimed to give 2 hour cure times depending on environmental conditions

CEE DOG
10-28-2010, 06:48 AM
Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent (PBA) #601 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-polish-bonding-agent.html)

Heres the product Doug is referring to.

mackdaddyhibble
10-28-2010, 08:24 AM
:autowash:Perfection takes time,let it set up ,usually the results are worth it.If I was in a hurry,Id just do the car,wait till next day use some spray sealant and keep it moving,or top it with Fuzion or your favorite carnuba:buffing:

dougaross
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent (PBA) #601 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-polish-bonding-agent.html)

Heres the product Doug is referring to.

Thanks! I meant to include link.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Fastest AG carries is Duragloss PBA with one of their polishes. There's something faster, but AG doesn't carry it.

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 10:51 AM
BFWD only requires 1hr cure time.

CEE DOG
10-28-2010, 11:11 AM
BFWD only requires 1hr cure time.

Are you sure about that Dwayne?

richy
10-28-2010, 11:14 AM
I ran into this problem at the beginning of the summer when I was doing funeral coaches. I needed to get quicker with my process. I spoke with Jerry at DG and he suggested I mix DG 601 and 105 in a bottle at a 1:4 ratio. I bought a cheap plastic ketchup squeeze bottle from the dollar store and tried it. The combo flash cures the 105 when it's applied. The mixture will get very thick after a day's time or so, so you just want to mix up what you think you will use. It is not wasted after that, but its consistency is quite thick. You go around the car with this mixture and by the time you have finished applying it, you are now ready to remove. A 2nd coat can be followed immediately afterwards using the same method. I have posted this on here before and it has been used by a few DG fans with great success. Doing it this way saves time and gives just as good results as doing it separately. I could PM you the writeups on the funeral coaches as they were posted at L2D and not here. Another variation on this theme is to mix 601 and 501 in the 1:4 ratio and then follow it up with the 601/105 combo. That's actually the method I use and it is dynamite!

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Are you sure about that Dwayne?

That's what I was told by Angelo. Let me rephrase it a bit though. 45-60min between coats and 8hrs before a wax goes on top.

CEE DOG
10-28-2010, 11:25 AM
That's what I was told by Angelo. Let me rephrase it a bit though. 45-60min between coats and 8hrs before a wax goes on top.

Thank you, so I'm assuming 8 hours before water can touch it as well.

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 11:26 AM

I didn't ask him that but I would assume so.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-28-2010, 11:44 AM
If you should only have to wait 45-60 minutes between coats, you should only have to wait 45-60 minutes before water can touch it or a wax applied on top. If you have to wait 8 hours, that would lead me to believe the sealant is not fully cured.