PDA

View Full Version : As promised: Ultima WW+ review

Dr Oldz
10-28-2010, 01:26 AM
First off, sorry for not having pics....my camera broke 2 weeks ago and I hadda make a choice of placing an order from AG or buy a new camera.......still no camera! :)

Meghan sent me a 22 oz bottle that I got chosen for in a recent giveaway!! (thank you Meghan!) I used this on my 2010 Black Ram today that had some water spots from this mornings rain, two bugs and some minor dusting!

First thing is the smell- Very delicious and similar to a blue raspberry slushie or maybe Smarties candys! Following the directions I sprayed a light mist on the the area and gently wiped! This is by far the slickest stuff I have ever used! When I ran my finger over it was slippery and actually lifted the dust off of the surface( I could feel dirt and dust actually getting snow plowed by my finger compared to being steam rolled if that makes any sense) I used a clean MF when needed, I think like 5 total! I did the whole truck including paint, exterior glass and chrome!

Results: This did an excellent job in removing the dust and water spots safely without scratching! When I came to the two bugs - I spayed to saturate and let sit for a min or so and they wiped off with relative ease! I had no streaking or smearing issues at all! Glass was crystal clear and the crome looked brilliant also! As far as adding a gloss or any depth I couldn't tell because I just applied some SSII a few days ago but I can say it didn't change the look of the SSII. This definately has a better cleaning ability than any QD that I have ever used! The only thing that I did not like was the sprayer itself. It dribbled a bit and didn't really spray too evenly! But that is not really an issue since the concentrate makes 5 and a half gallons and and U can just use your own spray bottle! I know the concentrate will be on my next order...I feel thats the way to go!!!! Its tough to say how much I actually used to do my truck but a good guess would be 2-3oz. This is a POLYCHARGED product too which should add some protection!!! All said and done I was really impressed and do give this two thumbs up! :dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Toymachine2009
10-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Sweet!

Meghan
10-28-2010, 06:57 AM
Seems to be a crowd favorite, glad everyone is liking its performance.

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 12:27 PM

It must be since it went on back order so quick. Vjeszczi sent me plenty to hold me over until you get it back in stock :xyxthumbs:

Pats300zx
10-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I love the stuff :)

CEE DOG
10-28-2010, 02:50 PM

I think its wonderful that people are liking this so much.
Now... to get a few more people to try the rest of the Ultima products! :buffing:

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Now... to get a few more people to try the rest of the Ultima products! :buffing:

Well you and Richard have me hooked on Ultima :xyxthumbs:

Kurt_s
10-28-2010, 02:55 PM
A man on a mission?

Are you ready to stop using a QD with this stuff?

CEE DOG
10-28-2010, 03:08 PM

Yeah! I'm making progress!

A man on a mission?

Are you ready to stop using a QD with this stuff?

I won't say I'll stop using QD completely. I still like my FK 425 for my drying aid...
But UWW has taken over all other QD duties for me.

mchess1
10-28-2010, 03:10 PM

Add me to the list too!

Haven't tried an Ultima product I have disliked yet

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Must be back in stock, I just got a tracking number for something :)