PDA

View Full Version : Want some opinions... Please!

Pages : [1] 2 3

SoCalAutoSpa
10-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Now before I post this video on my website (If I post it on my website that is) I want to hear from people who are already running detailing businesses. I know some of you may not like it, I just aks that you not be to harsh.

If this is agains the rule of the site please let me know and I will take it down ASAP!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex5vqxDbU54

Thanks in advance!

SoCalAutoSpa
10-28-2010, 01:16 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmrZSy-xJ0w]YouTube - SoCalAutoSpa_RoughCut.[/video]

This one didnt mkae the cut!

XB70
10-28-2010, 03:27 AM
What the heck is the PURPOSE of this video?

1. You want to display your taste in music?

2. You want me to pay to have bikini-clad girls crawling over my car and ruining the paint?

3. Oh.... Those bikini-clad girls I saw holding signs on the street WERE NOT STRIPPERS from the Jet Strip in Lennox and they weren't high school girls doing a hand-job car wash raising money for a band trip. After all, the best detailers I know are strippers and high school girls washing cars in a parking lot in the direct sun, tossing towels on the asphalt.

4. Bikini-clad girls are the number one reason I'd pay you to come within 100 ft. of my Ferrari 599.

Google "bikini car wash" to find out how many soft and hard core films are out there.:buffing:

OH CRAP! I DON'T OWN A DETAILING BUSINESS. SORRY! IGNORE THE ABOVE!

jpegs13
10-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Poor taste. You're selling your services, not the girls services. I'd bet there wouldn't be many women using your services. You're eliminating 50% of potential clients by "sexing it up"

XB70
10-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Poor taste. You're selling your services, not the girls services. I'd bet there wouldn't be many women using your services. You're eliminating 50% of potential clients by "sexing it up"

Hey! Strippers and high school girls are the BEST detailers. Lost of soapy water, breasts pressed against my windshield....look officer, she told me she was eighteen. Really.

Actually, he's eliminating 55% of his business: All women plus all men with an IQ higher than their shoe size. On the other hand, 45% at $69.95 per private car wash = $$$$$ :dblthumb2:

SoCalAutoSpa
10-28-2010, 11:33 AM

Please notice where I say "If it goes on my site" just looking for some suggestions, opinion and ideas. Funny thing is, for my mobile business about 95% of my clients are guys. So I made it with them in mind. I get more critical feedback from men... the women love it. Not all of course but most!

Thanks for the feedback!

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Are all of the cars in that video ones that your company did?

SoCalAutoSpa
10-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey! Strippers and high school girls are the BEST detailers. Lost of soapy water, breasts pressed against my windshield....look officer, she told me she was eighteen. Really.

Actually, he's eliminating 55% of his business: All women plus all men with an IQ higher than their shoe size. On the other hand, 45% at $69.95 per private car wash = $$$$$ :dblthumb2:

To funny! I will not eliminate anyone. We've all seen companies that take a marketing idea and spin it twoards different gruops? That is my plan. I am only trying to get ideas and suggestions. Having said all that... I read some where once that sex sells!

Private car wash... Lmbo

Scott DeBrun
10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Wht don't you show before and after photos?That would leave a better impression than shiny cars. The reason I say that is I saw the shiny cars and my first question was did you do them or just copy some pictures. Also showing your guys working on the cars would help as well. I'm sure the young bucks love the girls but remember the most disposable income is in the hands of the older guys and gals. Lose the chicks and showcase you work.

Scott DeBrun
10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
SoCal sex sells for some items not for everything.

SoCalAutoSpa
10-28-2010, 11:52 AM
SoCal sex sells for some items not for everything.

True... But nice clean cars and hot women have been together since you had that cheezy calendar on your wall as a kid! Just kidding... But go to your local store and pick up any car magazine I bet 95% of them have a girl on the cover wearing next to nothing. This is just an idea. I haven't launched anything yet.

Thanks for the feedback!

SoCalAutoSpa
10-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Most of them are... The classic "Stang" is not... I can't think of the others... Most of them are.

AndrewBall
10-28-2010, 11:56 AM

im gonna say no. because in the second video posted i recognized some of the photos from a photographer i know who shoots for canibeat

SoCalAutoSpa
10-28-2010, 11:58 AM
im gonna say no. because in the second video posted i recognized some of the photos from a photographer i know who shoots for canibeat

I'm gonna say yes since I have most of the original photos on my camera. As I said, not all are mine but most are.

Scott DeBrun
10-28-2010, 11:59 AM
That's a good point SoCal but you don't want to give the impression that your business is all flash and tatas. Personally I'm more interested if you can detail a car not get a paid model to smile for the camera. Showcase your work that's what will bring in repeat customers that are looking for a good detail and not just eye candy. Remember repeat customers are the backbone of your business and also remember it only takes one po'd customer to tell 10 friends about a bad experience. Keep it simple and sell your product.