PDA

View Full Version : Posting Live from SEMA!

Mike Phillips
10-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Yancy our Creative Director here at Autogeek and the man of many talents has set me up with my own Facebook page and has connected it to the Autogeek Twitter page so I'll be updating both of these from start to finish at SEMA this year.

Here's the link to my Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Phillips/160604287306951?ref=sgm)

Here's the link to Autogeek's Twitter Page (http://twitter.com/autogeek_net)

If you see

-MP

At the end of a tweet, that will be a tweet posted by me...

:)

Mike Phillips
10-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Doing some pre-SEMA testing by posting pictures on the fly out in the garage while I do some product testing...

Seems to be working pretty good so far... the camera on the iPhone 3Gs isn't the best but it gets the message across.

nirmaljusdoit
10-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Great Mike ! Have a nice time !

Am unable to view it on Facebook, it keeps saying "profile unavailable"

Mike Phillips
10-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Great Mike ! Have a nice time !

Am unable to view it on Facebook, it keeps saying "profile unavailable"

I've had over 500 people visit the site since this afternoon and lots of comments... so I'm not sure what the issue could be?

Here's the direct link,

Mike Phillips | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-Phillips/160604287306951?ref=sgm)

Does anyone else have a problem viewing the page?

TheCougarGuy
10-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Does anyone else have a problem viewing the page?

Yes, but that's because I have a no Facebook rule!:xyxthumbs:

C. Charles Hahn
10-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes, but that's because I have a no Facebook rule!:xyxthumbs:

:props:

Mike Phillips
10-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Sure is handy for for sharing pictures, updates and information on the fly with just a cell phone...

One thing for sure, I'm going to be posting a lot of updates, so if a person can't make it to SEMA then this is one way to see some pictures and comments from SEMA.

I took almost all the pictures from SEMA last year with my Canon Rebel and it was very time consuming to crop, resize, upload and then insert into a thread... I won't have time for that this year so I'm going to use Facebook as an alternative...

Dubbin1
10-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Sure is handy for for sharing pictures, updates and information on the fly with just a cell phone...

So is tapatalk and you can post pictures and all right here on the forums.

C. Charles Hahn
10-28-2010, 08:07 PM
So is tapatalk and you can post pictures and all right here on the forums.

Indeed! I think you'll find that a lot of people don't like to use or go onto Facebook; relying on it exclusively for a special event like this limits exposure to some of your customer base that are otherwise happy to visit the company-controlled discussion forum and are just as interested in what's going on as the Facebook crowd.

:dblthumb2:

scrib13
10-28-2010, 08:19 PM
agreed, not a facebook person and prefer not to go there. Good luck out there, sure you will be busy