PDA

View Full Version : my lousey attempt at before photos

Pages : [1] 2

ltoman
11-29-2006, 11:25 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/laurentoman/swirls3.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums
[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/laurentoman/swirls1.jpg

full of swirls and spider webbing butcha sure can't tell it here!!
anyone help me figure out how to get the photos here? yikes!:confused: Feed back please

Sevenrd
11-29-2006, 11:36 PM
Actually, the swirls are showing up fairly well in that first shot - right where the sun is hitting. Any luck so far on making a dent in them?

And not sure about your photo question. The photos are showing up fine. :)

ltoman
11-29-2006, 11:38 PM
It looks way worse in person - like every spot is covered. They are better, but not gone. Gotta get the new photos up tomorrow. You think that is a case for xmt 2or 3? Or what?

ltoman
11-29-2006, 11:40 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/laurentoman/swirls2.jpg

Sevenrd
11-29-2006, 11:47 PM
It looks way worse in person - like every spot is covered. They are better, but not gone. Gotta get the new photos up tomorrow. You think that is a case for xmt 2or 3? Or what?

I've never worked on Vette clear, but as you know it's a tough one. So XMT 3 may be the one. And if THAT doesn't do it (which I hope it would), you may need to step to a compound. I haven't used the XMT line, so I'm not sure of the aggresiveness of XMT 3.

ltoman
11-29-2006, 11:58 PM
I've never worked on Vette clear, but as you know it's a tough one. So XMT 3 may be the one. And if THAT doesn't do it (which I hope it would), you may need to step to a compound. I haven't used the XMT line, so I'm not sure of the aggresiveness of XMT 3.

yah, under scott's advice I have ohc coming too. thanks! :grouphug:

FloridaNative
11-30-2006, 08:09 AM
The XMT 3 is on the same cut level as PB's 2.5. Good luck with your swirls Lauren. :)

ScottB
11-30-2006, 07:41 PM
OUCH ... did they wash it with a nylon broom ???????????

ryandamartini
11-30-2006, 07:45 PM
ouch that bad on a vette? If XMT3 doesnt work, youll need to step up to something more powerful.

You had to get the vette didnt ya ! Those things are evil!

sparkie
11-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Work it in. Then work it in again. The swirls will go away. Take your time. OHC has a good amount of cutting power.

Truls
11-30-2006, 08:47 PM
That was not good, did it come in that shape from the dealer?

I really hope you can fix it Lauren, its a beauty of a car you have.

ltoman
11-30-2006, 10:26 PM
[quote=killrwheels@autogeek]OUCH ... did they wash it with a nylon broom ???????????[/quote
Yah, you're telling me!! Our dealership sits them all out on the corner, where thesprinkler nails them. Well, what did I get? Hard water spots that would not come out!! So I take it back in ... their detail crew of ...slcker kids...gets them out,and wahlah, it just never looks the same again.
I wish that picture was at a good angle =the kid who helps me took them. They are everywhere...I guess someof the times he washed it probably exacerbated it ...would drying with a chamois help create more swirls, Scott?

ltoman
11-30-2006, 10:29 PM
That was not good, did it come in that shape from the dealer?

I really hope you can fix it Lauren, its a beauty of a car you have.

pretty much, yes. In looking back I think my carwasher may have added to it...but my whitecar never looked like this...ugh!!??? What must they have used to pull the hardwater spots out and wax in about 45 minutes??? There you go!

ltoman
11-30-2006, 10:31 PM
ouch that bad on a vette? If XMT3 doesnt work, youll need to step up to something more powerful.

You had to get the vette didnt ya ! Those things are evil!

evil is right! no kidding. ugh! it KILLS meI can't get those out for the $$$ she cost!:mad:

Sevenrd
11-30-2006, 10:39 PM
evil is right! no kidding. ugh! it KILLS meI can't get those out for the $$$ she cost!:mad:

Don't worry, you'll be able to get them out. As sparkie mentioned, slow passes - multiple if needed - with the OHC will get those swirls out.