PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Plus Vs. 902 Duragloss Vs. DP XtremeFoam

cobraa
10-25-2010, 10:10 PM
I have a regular FOAM GUN ( not a foam cannon with High pressure water). I got a free sample of DP Xtreme foam. I use it 2 times and from memory, this is the soap that gave me the best result.

However, lots of people said that duragloss's soap is as good, so I bought a gallon of 902 and from memory, I do believe DP Xtreme Foam is superior in terms of foam but like I said I only had 2 oz to sample it!

Would you say DP is superior to Duragloss ?

Finally,

I also have a gallon of shampoo Plus that I really love to pour in my 2 wash bucket method. It smell great, and I do think it has more lubricity than 902. ( = least change of marring). and it's cheaper too.

Now, it's getting too cold outside ( canada) to detail. So, I can't do any testing. That why I'm asking you guys what you think is the best soap for the foam gun and which soap would be best for the wash mitts.

P.S: on the direction of 902, it state that the soap rinse without water spot. Does it work as good as ONR? is it rinse-free?

Bunky
10-26-2010, 10:32 AM
DG 901/902 is a traditional soap. What they are trying to say it will reduce water spotting but you still have to rinse it off with a hose. It is not like ONR or other rinseless product.

rwright
10-26-2010, 12:38 PM
What dilution ratio are you using to think Shampoo+ is slicker than Duragloss in a traditional 1 or 2 bucket method? I'm not taking away from Shampoo+ as it's a very good soap, but I have found that Duragloss has way more lubricity. I haven't had the chance to use DP XtremeFoam but the DP Auto Bath is an excellent alternative to Duragloss if you can't stand the cherry scent.

cobraa
10-26-2010, 12:53 PM
What dilution ratio are you using to think Shampoo+ is slicker than Duragloss in a traditional 1 or 2 bucket method? I'm not taking away from Shampoo+ as it's a very good soap, but I have found that Duragloss has way more lubricity. I haven't had the chance to use DP XtremeFoam but the DP Auto Bath is an excellent alternative to Duragloss if you can't stand the cherry scent.

1oz per gallon.

richy
10-26-2010, 01:30 PM
You may find this interesting, DG 901 actually began life as a shampoo. It has a ton of lubricity and you should use 1 oz per gallon of water. Any soap will give spots if you're doing a black car in hot direct sun. Common sense must always prevail. ONR is your best friend in the winter. Whereabouts are you in Canada? I'm in Southwest Ontario.

rwright
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM
You may find this interesting, DG 901 actually began life as a shampoo. It has a ton of lubricity and you should use 1 oz per gallon of water. Any soap will give spots if you're doing a black car in hot direct sun. Common sense must always prevail. ONR is your best friend in the winter. Whereabouts are you in Canada? I'm in Southwest Ontario.

Feeding off of this, here's a piece of a conversation I had with Jerry:

"Duragloss #901 is an extremely mild PH balance shampoo. It will not strip polishes or waxes. It is actually mild enough to use as a hair shampoo."

cobraa
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM

QC :) we're not too far away!

D_Nyholm
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I use Duragloss all the time in my foam gun AND in was wash bucket. I also occasionally add a capful of ONR to my wash bucket to get a little more lubricity, and to help with water spotting if I can't dry it super fast (2 black cars). I've used other soaps (Xtreme Foam, Pinnacle, Meguiars, etc...) and I haven't found anything to replace what I am currently using.

cobraa
10-29-2010, 11:03 PM
So lucky for me, mother nature came up with a 20 celcius day. Washed 4 cars. 2 with Shampoo+ 2 with Duragloss.

Lubricity: Guess I was wrong, it's pretty much the same IMO. draw.

Price wise: Bought shampoo+ when Meguiars was at rollback price. 2 gallons for the price of one Duragloss.

Foam Gun: Def. Duragloss. But I can't remember how much foam Xtremfoam made. I know it was more than shampoo+ and my other local-branded car soap.

Scent: I prefer Shampoo+ but I'm not saying the cherry smell isn't nice too.

Look: I don't really care because I always spray a QD before drying the car so I guess the QD act as a shiner instead of the soap.

Here's my observation.