PDA

View Full Version : Used my Wolfgang DGPS for first time

jdog350
10-25-2010, 08:58 PM
To be honest I'm a little discouraged with the results. My question is I used DG 101 for my paint prep as the car is in good shape and just wanted to try something different than my Klasse AIO. Could there be a bonding issue with the DG 101 and the DGPS. I do own the Wolfgang paint work polish enhancer, but was not happy with the results on a previous detail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

rwright
10-25-2010, 09:06 PM
To be honest I'm a little discouraged with the results. My question is I used DG 101 for my paint prep as the car is in good shape and just wanted to try something different than my Klasse AIO. Could there be a bonding issue with the DG 101 and the DGPS. I do own the Wolfgang paint work polish enhancer, but was not happy with the results on a previous detail. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

:welcome: DG 101 is pretty much a cleaner wax. If you want to top Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 with a wax, look for a wax that has no cleaning abilities such as Wolfgang Fuzion, Pinnacle Souveran, Pinnacle Signature Series II, or DP Max Wax. As for the Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer, it is a paint cleaner that does not have the ability to remove imperfections. If you were trying to remove imperfections, you should look at Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze.

loudog2
10-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I would think the DG 101 would affect bonding. Even the directions of the DG 101 says it leaves a coating on the paint.

toxygene
10-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 has been a great combo for me.

jdog350
10-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the replied gents, my main concern was if the DG 101 would effect the bonding of the WGDGPS. I did use the Wolfgang twins Swirl remover and finishing glaze awhile back with my PC, so the paint is in good shape. I also do own Fuzion and DP max wax also. Maybe tommorow after the WGDPS has time to cure ill be more impressed. I've noticed that before with my Menzerna Powerlock. I do love the Fuzion wax though. Ill post an update tommorow. Once again thanks gents for the input much appreciated.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the replied gents, my main concern was if the DG 101 would effect the bonding of the WGDGPS. I did use the Wolfgang twins Swirl remover and finishing glaze awhile back with my PC, so the paint is in good shape. I also do own Fuzion and DP max wax also. Maybe tommorow after the WGDPS has time to cure ill be more impressed. I've noticed that before with my Menzerna Powerlock. I do love the Fuzion wax though. Ill post an update tommorow. Once again thanks gents for the input much appreciated.
What are you dissatisfied with as far as WGDGPS? Application, looks?? Personally, I wouldn't use a cleaner wax under any sealant. Wolfgang paint polish enhancer is a great chemical cleaner prior to WGDGPS. What were you expecting from the paint polish enhancer?

DaHen
10-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 has been a great combo for me.

Likewise.
Seems to work great together.

dougaross
10-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Duragloss 101 is not really a cleaner/wax it is a cleaner/sealant(synthetic). Before topping it with anything it needs to cure. And since DG601 wasn't mentioned - at least 12 hrs. You would probably be better of topping with a wax. I use Collinite 845 works very nicely.

Nobody here knows for sure, but it may easily cause some bonding problems with other sealants. Generally sealants are best on clean paint.

BTW: Klasse AIO leaves a layer of something on your paint. I have read in other post of WG over Klasse sealant - If that works well I don't see why it wouldn't work with DG101

Rob T
10-26-2010, 10:20 AM
What are you dissatisfied with as far as WGDGPS? Application, looks?? Personally, I wouldn't use a cleaner wax under any sealant. Wolfgang paint polish enhancer is a great chemical cleaner prior to WGDGPS. What were you expecting from the paint polish enhancer?

That reminds me, I have to add the Wolfgang Paint Polish Enhancer to my next order. Seems like the perfect product to use prior to an application of Fuzion.

RTexasF
10-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Essentially you applied a sealant on top of another sealant. Even if you allowed the first one to cure, it's unlikely the second one would adhere/bond correctly.

jdog350
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I woke up today to what I would say is a much more pleasing look, it was two days between the DG 101and the WGDGPS, and did forget to mention I used 601 with the 101. so I think I'm good there. I think it just needed time to work its magic and fully cure. I may throw a coat of Fuzion on later today or use my Collinite 845 since its almost winter.As for the Paint work polish enhancer I just didn't feel that it cleaned the paint as good as Klasse AIO. I do know that the Klasse leaves a layer of sealant so the look would be different between the two. I just felt the Klasse did a better job. And last I think I just need to get used to the different look of WGDPS as from what I've read trys to mimic a carnauba, and my last go around was with a product that started with a Z which looks good but way too much time. Thanks again for all the feedback gents

WRAPT C5Z06
10-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I woke up today to what I would say is a much more pleasing look, it was two days between the DG 101and the WGDGPS, and did forget to mention I used 601 with the 101. so I think I'm good there. I think it just needed time to work its magic and fully cure. I may throw a coat of Fuzion on later today or use my Collinite 845 since its almost winter.As for the Paint work polish enhancer I just didn't feel that it cleaned the paint as good as Klasse AIO. I do know that the Klasse leaves a layer of sealant so the look would be different between the two. I just felt the Klasse did a better job. And last I think I just need to get used to the different look of WGDPS as from what I've read trys to mimic a carnauba, and my last go around was with a product that started with a Z which looks good but way too much time. Thanks again for all the feedback gents
If I were you, I'd strip the paint, and apply WGDGPS as your base coat. I think it's better designed to work this way and not as a topper to another sealant. JMO. You can't compare WG paint polish enhancer to Klasse AIO. Klasse AIO contains light abrasives that will clean AND correct paint, while the paint polish enhancer will not correct paint, just chemically clean it. :xyxthumbs:

toxygene
10-26-2010, 08:43 PM
If I were you, I'd strip the paint, and apply WGDGPS as your base coat. I think it's better designed to work this way and not as a topper to another sealant. JMO. You can't compare WG paint polish enhancer to Klasse AIO. Klasse AIO contains light abrasives that will clean AND correct paint, while the paint polish enhancer will not correct paint, just chemically clean it. :xyxthumbs:

Actually they are both cleaners, but Klasse AIO is also meant to provide some protection. It does not contain abrasives, though. See the product description.

Acrylic is the Solution. Unlike most car waxes or sealants, Klasse All In One is acrylic-based. Acrylic is different than wax, silicones, and polymers. The Klasse All in one polish will bond to your car’s surface just like the previously mentioned treatments, but it will not cause any change to your paint, and you don’t have to worry about drying time. Klasse All In One dries as fast as you apply it, and there is no risk of hazing or streaking. Klasse All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use.

WRAPT C5Z06
10-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Whoops, I was thinking more along the lines of optimum poli-seal or poorbooys polish with Sealant type of product. My fault. I'd still only use wgdgps by itself, or as a base coat topped with a carnauba wax if desired.