PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Instant Shine

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 09:33 PM
or whatever it is called, this would be a quick detail right? would it be a good one to use as pad prep? i have about 3/4 of a bottle of it, but i can't remember why i ever bought it.

alban61
11-29-2006, 09:56 PM
Is this it? Mother's Showtime Instant Detailerhttp://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1924_37664870
I got it in a Clay Kit from Mothers. Maybe that's where you got it too? Yes, it's a QD, and Yes, you can use it to prep your pads. I use DP 4-in-1 as a pad prep and QD. Also use XMT Pad Conditioner too, for prepping pads.

ltoman
11-29-2006, 09:58 PM
Is this it? Mother's Showtime Instant Detailerhttp://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1924_37664870
I got it in a Clay Kit from Mothers. Maybe that's where you got it too? Yes, it's a QD, and Yes, you can use it to prep your pads. I use DP 4-in-1 as a pad prep and QD. Also use XMT Pad Conditioner too, for prepping pads.
this any good? the whole kit is only $17...???:confused:

alban61
11-29-2006, 10:06 PM
this any good? the whole kit is only $17...???:confused: It worked fine for me. Used it to clay my '99 Explorer. My SUV felt so smooth. I didn't know anything about AG then. I was on the Mother's website and read about it. If I was on AG then I would've bought the Pinnacle Clay kit. Was going to get the Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay for my wife's new car, but my Free Gift from AG included the Diamondite Clay kit. So I'm going to try that out in the Spring. Is one better than the other? I don't really know, since I've only used Mothers.

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 10:08 PM
must be, i did buy some clay last year. it worked ok, but my paint wasn't too bad to begin with.

ltoman
11-29-2006, 10:11 PM
It worked fine for me. Used it to clay my '99 Explorer. My SUV felt so smooth. I didn't know anything about AG then. I was on the Mother's website and read about it. If I was on AG then I would've bought the Pinnacle Clay kit. Was going to get the Pinnacle Ultra Poly clay for my wife's new car, but my Free Gift from AG included the Diamondite Clay kit. So I'm going to try that out in the Spring. Is one better than the other? I don't really know, since I've only used Mothers.

I will have to try the Mother's on our older ars as a test. That is interesting! I would not have otherwise considered it. Thank you!!:D :applause:

supercharged
11-30-2006, 11:03 AM
this any good? the whole kit is only $17...???:confused:
Mothers clay kit is the best (IMO) you can get at local Pep Boys. I personally like it better then Meguiar's, It has a softer clay, and it is easier to work with.