PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Wax Attack Palm Polisher

csanto23
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Hey All,
I'm new to the forums, but I've been trolling a lot to find information on some new car care products.

I have a 2 year old e92 M3 that has never been detailed. The paint is white so the minor swirls are barely noticeable.

I don't really have the time to do a full lengthy detail and honestly the car doesn't even really need it. I do however want to protect the paint from the harsh winter weather.

I have this mother wax attack polisher that I bought years ago, and I was wondering if I can buy new pads for this thing, get a AIO product like the Optimum poli-seal, and just do a quick detail job, top it off with a Wolfgang sealant and call it a day.

On the mothers website they only sell one pad. Will any of the pads on here work with it?

I guess I'm just looking for some feedback on how I can do this myself while being a noob detailer.

Also, I just ran out of Lexol leather conditioner. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on wolfgang leather conditioner, I've been reading great things about it.

thanks all,
Chris

Mike Phillips
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
On the mothers website they only sell one pad. Will any of the pads on here work with it?

In the picture, because of the hole it might be that it's held on by a fastening device?

Or does the back of the foam pad have Velcro?

I guess I'm just looking for some feedback on how I can do this myself while being a noob detailer.

Since white doesn't show swirls and scratches as easily as other colors, this polisher should work well for applying any type of wax or paint sealant, you won't get much correction power from it but it should do a great job of spreading out a wax or sealant and leaving a thin coating.

If you want some cleaning action you could use it with a light polish or even a cleaner/wax...

Also, I just ran out of Lexol leather conditioner. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Wolfgang leather conditioner, I've been reading great things about it.

thanks all,
Chris

Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2600.html) works great but remember, this is just the conditioner/protectant... if your leather is dirty at all you'll also want a leather cleaner...

You can get a combination kit with both the cleaner and the conditioner protectant here,

Wolfgang Leather Care Combo (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-leather-combo.html)

Remember, anywhere your skin touches leather you're going to introduce sweat, oils, acids, and anything you put on your skin, (lotion, sun block, etc.), and these areas tend to attract dirt and grime, so don't seal these areas with a conditioner/protectant without first cleaning.

I sent Forrest an e-mail asking him to chime in...

:)

Dubbin1
10-25-2010, 12:02 PM
In the picture, because of the hole it might be that it's held on by a fastening device?

Or does the back of the foam pad have Velcro?

A youtube video shows it to be velcro.

Mike Phillips
10-25-2010, 12:07 PM
A youtube video shows it to be Velcro.

If it uses a Velcro backing then order any Velcro backed foam pad about a inch larger in diameter than the diameter of the backing plate...

Maybe look at the new thin Hydro-Tech pads if they'll fit...

Thin is in...

Thin is in... New Lake Country Hydro-Tech Low Profile 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/28825-thin-new-lake-country-hydro-tech-low-profile-5-1-2-x-7-8-inch-foam-pads.html)

Here's a couple pictures I took to show the difference between the thickness of the new 7/8" pads and the 1 1/4" version of these pads.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/NewHydroTech01.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/NewHydroTech02.jpg

csanto23
10-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah, its velcro.

So this thing wont get rid of many swirls huh?

forrest@mothers
10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
The backing is Velcro. Since the machine is made for applying product and not paint correction we only offer the one pad for it.

If you're looking to do correction there are better choices in machines.

Mike Phillips
10-25-2010, 12:12 PM
The backing is Velcro. Since the machine is made for applying product and not paint correction we only offer the one pad for it.

Thanks for chiming in Forrest... :xyxthumbs:

What diameter is the stock pad?

forrest@mothers
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm out at lunch typing on my iPhone. I'll look when I get back.

csanto23
10-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I think the stock pad is 6.2 Inches

forrest@mothers
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
The overall pad width is 6.5". The velcro backing plate is 5.25".

Our pads for that machine are made by Lake Country. Eric there would know what pads would work.

Scott DeBrun
10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Wolfgang's leather conditioner works great and is easy to apply and buff off. Mike is right if the leather is dirty then you will have to clean it first. I had a Sears low speed orbital and it's good at removing wax but that's about it. If you want to try some swirl removal or something relatively minor I would suggest picking up a PC 7424xp buffer it's easy to use and control. Trust me on that because I've only got one good arm and it's easy for me. Hope this helps.:props: