PDA

View Full Version : 105 and SSR 2.5

wakeboarder4402
10-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey guys I just received my first (and highly anticipated) order and had a few questions. First off the list of goodies consists of a PC DA polisher some orange and black pads and the free red pads that come with the PC packages. I also received the Megs twins, Megs #21 syn. sealant, some PB SSR 2.5 (which AG threw in for free being the great guys and gals they are) and the free Pinnacle Souveran spray wax amongst other things. Now I have an 07 Jet black 328i with a few deeper scratches, some type 1 etching from the droppings of our wonderful feathered friends, and the rest is your typical spider web-esque swirl marks. Now my questions are, can I perform spot correction with the 105 and polish the rest with the 2.5, followed with the 205 over all of it. Seal it with the #21 and wax with the Souveran? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

lpj8
10-24-2010, 07:44 PM
I found that the SSR 2.5 really didn't do much for my swirls. I did it side by side with 105, and 105 was clearly better. I just did a black accord with 105 and 205, and I'm very please with the results.

You can always do a spot check and see if the SSR 2.5 performs the way you want it to.

Megs 105 is tough to work with. It dusts up a lot and has a short working time. I almost gave up on it, but the results are really, really nice.

Good luck

Dr Oldz
10-24-2010, 10:18 PM
To answer your question..Yes! The cut of 2.5 is between 105 and 205 from what understand! So 205 will finish polish the micro marring caused by the 105 and 2.5. 105 and 205 work awesome for me...as for 2.5 I still havent tried my free bottle and I really have no desire to! One thing for thought......ull have to have three set ups, if u do as u are planning....if just 105 and 205 ull only have two set ups...and when using 105(SMAT) u dont have to break the abrasives down like 2.5 so inturn you can stop polishing as soon as the correction u desire is achieved!

AndrewBall
10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
i use 2.5 after 105 in some cases. I did a car last night that required sanding so i used my rotary and then took an orange pad with 2.5 and then went to White with 205. to make sure there weren't any swirls left behind. since it was a black car.

i also use my 2.5 prior to Klasse AIO. if people arent looking for compounding and everything i will just use some 2.5 on a white pad, and then follow up with Klasse AIO on a green. and then wax.

D_Nyholm
10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Does anyone else use 2.5 as a one step polish with a white pad? I have the 2 free bottles of it and am wondering where to use it since i use Menz SIP and Nano on 95% of my details. I guess I'll try some 2.5 on a white pad and follow up with a sealant on some of the quicker jobs that I do. I have been using D151 as an all in one and wasn't too happy with the results on cars that really show the swirls (dark, deep colors). On Silver and white, D151 is pretty nice.

BobbyG
10-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Does anyone else use 2.5 as a one step polish with a white pad? I have the 2 free bottles of it and am wondering where to use it since i use Menz SIP and Nano on 95% of my details. I guess I'll try some 2.5 on a white pad and follow up with a sealant on some of the quicker jobs that I do. I have been using D151 as an all in one and wasn't too happy with the results on cars that really show the swirls (dark, deep colors). On Silver and white, D151 is pretty nice.

Many times I've started with Meguiar's M205 and achieved superior results. I'll only use Meguiar's M105 if the finish condition warrants a more aggressive compound.

I always start finer and if necessary switch to something more course.

Dr Oldz
10-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Many times I've started with Meguiar's M205 and achieved superior results. I'll only use Meguiar's M105 if the finish condition warrants a more aggressive compound.

I always start finer and if necessary switch to something more course.

:iagree: IMO 205 has some muscle behind it considering how well it finishes! Many of times I have done a test spot starting with 205 with the thought that I'm definately gonna need 105 and ended up not needing the 105 cuz the 205 did the job!!

AndrewBall
10-26-2010, 05:35 PM
imo SSR2.5 doesnt even compare to 205. I dont know why but 205 is just such a pleasure to use. it goes on easy, gets the job done and wipes off easy. SSR2.5 is a great product but its streaky and if you use too much it can be a pain to get off if it dries. i feel like 2.5 has a longer working time though.