PDA

View Full Version : CC Wash and Clear spots?

jonn127
10-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I just recently used Chemical Guys Citrus wash and clear and then gave it a blow dry. Well I ended up with tiny water spots ALL over the place, had to give it hell to get the spots out. I'm pretty sure I diluted it correctly, if anything I over diluted it so I wouldn't take off any sealant. Any ideas?

A4 1.8tqm
10-24-2010, 04:49 PM
I use that soap, but only with the intention of stripping LSP before polishing. Were there little spots of water left to dry on the car? That would explain the water spots. Drying with a blower is OK but I hate chasing around tiny drops of water trying to get every one off the paint. What I usually do is blow out the water from the cracks and dry the paint with a Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html) and Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html), perfect.

By my logic if a soap has the ability to strip LSP at one dilution, it can't be good for your LSP at a lighter dilution. For regular daily washing, I prefer a gentile car wash shampoo that does not contain any wax or protection. For me, I simply want a soap that safely cleans without adding or removing any protection, like DP Auto Bath Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/dp300.html)

WRAPT C5Z06
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
For me, I simply want a soap that safely cleans without adding or removing any protection, like DP Auto Bath Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/dp300.html)
How ironic you mention this shampoo. I read a thread a few days ago where a guy stated that DP Auto Bath removed his LSP. :dunno:

Dubbin1
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I read a thread a few days ago where a guy stated that DP Auto Bath removed his LSP. :dunno:
LOL that's funny, I guess I never have an LSP on my paint since that's pretty much all I have used for a couple years now. I just must get lucky with all the sheeting and beading I get...

WRAPT C5Z06
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
LOL that's funny, I guess I never have an LSP on my paint since that's pretty much all I have used for a couple years now. I just must get lucky with all the sheeting and beading I get...
Yeah, I guess you've gotten very lucky! hehe

Kurt_s
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM

Dwayne your paint is so well polished that it scares water drops away without a LSP. :)

Dubbin1
10-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Dwayne your paint is so well polished that it scares water drops away without a LSP. :)

LOL I'll have to remember that one :laughing:

jonn127
10-24-2010, 10:55 PM
lol, so not to interupt your guys fun, but should I stick away from the Wash and clear and just use it for when I want to strip things down? Then find a car wash shampoo that is for washing and only washing?

Dubbin1
10-24-2010, 10:58 PM
lol, so not to interupt your guys fun, but should I stick away from the Wash and clear and just use it for when I want to strip things down? Then find a car wash shampoo that is for washing and only washing?

Sorry John, yes thats what you should do ;)

WRAPT C5Z06
10-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Sorry John, yes thats what you should do ;)
Agreed. To the OP, look into meguiars shampoo plus. It's gentle on LSP's, good lubricity, and veryyyy affordable.

ScottB
10-25-2010, 06:23 PM
How ironic you mention this shampoo. I read a thread a few days ago where a guy stated that DP Auto Bath removed his LSP. :dunno:

IMO the CG soap is much harsher than the DP soap. I think it has to do with the citrus ingredient. The softest soap I have ever used is P21S and much to soft for normal washes. FinishKare on the other hand is another harsher soap and best used on cured sealants.

pfix
10-25-2010, 08:01 PM

I agree. I have a gallon of wash and clear and it is used only to strip for new LSP application.

I have the Optimum wash soap for my 2 bucket washes and ONR for anything in between.

TLMitchell
10-25-2010, 08:57 PM

I use CW&C at maintenance strength as well, I've noticed no evidence of diminished protection of 845IW. I sometimes alternate with CW&G or GC on my DD but always go to CW&C at maintenance dilution when it's really dirty. Just seems to clean more thoroughly than anything else I've tried.

I used the wrong line on my measuring cup once and inadvertantly discovered CW&C does strip real good! :D

TL

A4 1.8tqm
10-26-2010, 07:08 AM
How ironic you mention this shampoo. I read a thread a few days ago where a guy stated that DP Auto Bath Shampoo removed his LSP. :dunno:

I haven't experienced anything of the sort :dunno:

Although... I do add a little DP WAW to my soap/rinse buckets, a combo I really like. Drying with FK 425 and maintaining with Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical also might skew my results regarding paint protection (likely in favor of DP ABS not removing my protection). :cool:

Also, prep work has a lot to do with the way water reacts on the surface, and that beading/sheeting reaction isn't always an accurate method of gauging "protection". Long story short, I think DP Auto Bath is an awesome "regular use" car wash soap. :dblthumb2: