PDA

View Full Version : The New Waterless Washes

Pages : [1] 2

snowking724
10-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Today I used the new waterless washes and thought I would share my results.
First off is the Opti-Clean, it cleaned very well but did require some extra work to buff off. This stuff doesn't dilute as nice as the other WW I used but any dilution is good with this kind of stuff is great.
Second is the Ultima WW, it cleaned well also and was very easy to buff off. The dilution ratio of this is great and it comes with a measuring cup as part of the bottle. I also used this as a rinseless wash today and it worked great on the paint. It left everything clean and slick, plus it dilutes 1oz to 3 gallons which gives a little extra for wheels and whatever else compared to the DP and OPT.

zkeeper
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Good quick review...I have been using the GG SprayonWash, and am liking it more and more. No mixing of course, but it lifts the dirt and while not waxing solution, it sure does not harm the shine I already have on the cars. Am stocking up a bit for winter use, and am not minding the winter dirt now near as much....

Dubbin1
10-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Nice little review :dblthumb2:

I ordered the Ultima but now its on back order... I wish they would update this stuff on the product page before the order is placed. Then I find out I could have got a better deal someplace else :rant:

I used the DP waterless today on the wifes car and got a bit of streaking. It was pretty dirty though and I am sure was pushing the limits of a WW.

snowking724
10-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Nice little review :dblthumb2:

I ordered the Ultima but now its on back order... I wish they would update this stuff on the product page before the order is placed. Then I find out I could have got a better deal someplace else :rant:

I used the DP waterless today on the wifes car and got a bit of streaking. It was pretty dirty though and I am sure was pushing the limits of a WW.

Good to know, I have that on the shelf too, just haven't used it yet. I do still like the PB's stuff as well

snowking724
10-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Good quick review...I have been using the GG SprayonWash, and am liking it more and more. No mixing of course, but it lifts the dirt and while not waxing solution, it sure does not harm the shine I already have on the cars. Am stocking up a bit for winter use, and am not minding the winter dirt now near as much....

It might take awhile but I think i'll try this when I start to run low.

Dubbin1
10-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Good to know, I have that on the shelf too, just haven't used it yet. I do still like the PB's stuff as well

Don't get me wrong, its not bad stuff, like I said the car was pretty dirty.

BobbyG
10-24-2010, 05:33 AM
Maybe it's just me but I'm just not sold on these no rinse or waterless car washes.

I have used them and in my opinion they're marginal at best and should be used only if the finish is slightly dusty. If the finish looks like it needs a complete washing I wouldn't use either of these otherwise you'll be wiping dirt against the paint leaving allot of scratches behind.

"Liberally spray the surface with waterless car wash, let sit, then with a microfiber towel wipe the surface clean"......hmmmmm

I put these in the same bucket as these foam guns and foam canons.

Old Tiger
10-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Maybe it's just me but I'm just not sold on these no rinse or waterless car washes.

I have used them and in my opinion they're marginal at best and should be used only if the finish is slightly dusty. If the finish looks like it needs a complete washing I wouldn't use either of these otherwise you'll be wiping dirt against the paint leaving allot of scratches behind.

"Liberally spray the surface with waterless car wash, let sit, then with a microfiber towel wipe the surface clean"......hmmmmm

I put these in the same bucket as these foam guns and foam canons.
Bobby, the Ultima & Opti are like a QD on steroids. I use a lot(10-12 oz per app) IMO it will do as well rinseless and is much safer for bug removal, etv. than QD!

BobbyG
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Bobby, the Ultima & Opti are like a QD on steroids. I use a lot(10-12 oz per app) IMO it will do as well rinseless and is much safer for bug removal, etv. than QD!

I have to admit I haven't tried either of these so maybe before I shelve these products entirely I'll give them a try...:props:

Old Tiger
10-25-2010, 09:02 AM
The Ultima is a better value. IMO performance is so close, it comes down to personal preferences. Corey & I are addicted to the Ultima fragrance. Both work great on interiors too ( except for fabrics).[/B]

Waxmax
10-25-2010, 09:13 AM
I prefer Ultima as a waterless wash....better value than Optimum.

But, for rinseless washes Optimum is by far a better value and works as well as Ultima.

CEE DOG
10-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Bobby,
So far I don't wash an entire car at one time with waterless wash. The closest I've come is a little over half a car. However based on my testing I now know I can safely do so if I want to as long as there isn't buildup. My Sky doesn't see rain storms and baked in grime so I can and do feel comfortable with, after driving her or even after a week of dust using the "wa wa" to keep her looking good until the obligatory (for me) conventional wash she receives every 2 weeks.

If you have a car thats outside 24/7 with buildup or getting dirt baked onto it you won't be wanting to wash the car with a wa wa.
1.-You will probably get some fine scratches all over your paint
2.-It will take longer then a regular wash if its really filthy.

Look at it this way: If your OCD like the typical autogeek then at the very least why wouldn't you use this instead of your QD for most "QD" things. Price, safety, looks, ease of use... tell me which category the QD would win at...

:cheers:

fwiw: I think your quote from an earlier post is from the OOC. The UWW actually says the opposite.

eversio
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Good to know about the ease of buffing, I've tried DP's WW and it leaves a ton of streaks that require a lot of buffing. Ultima seems like a much more cost effective product and I'll definitely be giving it a try.

Chris Thomas
10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
...plus it dilutes 1oz to 3 gallons which gives a little extra for wheels and whatever else compared to the DP and OPT.

I think its awesome that people are actually trusting dilutions set forth by the manufacturers. It seemed like for a while 1oz per two gallons for ONR as a rinseless was not trusted and everyone was presoaking and doubling the dose. I'll bet those guys are outta their mind with 1oz per three gallons.:dblthumb2:

snowking724
10-25-2010, 11:44 AM
I think its awesome that people are actually trusting dilutions set forth by the manufacturers. It seemed like for a while 1oz per two gallons for ONR as a rinseless was not trusted and everyone was presoaking and doubling the dose. I'll bet those guys are outta their mind with 1oz per three gallons.:dblthumb2:

I always go with the recommended doses to start and have never had a problem. The lubricity is always there and I feel safe doing it without marring.

To BobbyG-Samples?