PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the best sealant

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scott DeBrun
10-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm looking for your opinions on the best sealant. What product(s) do you think has the best shine and durability?Feed back please

akimel
10-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I am happy to give an enthusiastic thumbs-up to the "Big White," Finish Kare 1000p (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html). I recently applied three coats of it to our silver blue CR-V. It bestows a special look. Some folks describe it as if an extra layer of clear coat has been applied--this seems about right. The car looks terrific. 1000p is reputed to be one of the most durable synthetic sealants presently available. I'm hoping it will get us through next April. We shall see.

It is easy to apply and remove (like all sealants and waxes, apply thin), and at $16 for a 15 oz. tin, it's a bargain!

Scott DeBrun
10-22-2010, 01:31 PM
akimel did you put it on by hand or DA?

gjohn28
10-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I am happy to give an enthusiastic thumbs-up to the "Big White," Finish Kare 1000p (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html). I recently applied three coats of it to our silver blue CR-V. It bestows a special look. Some folks describe it as if an extra layer of clear coat has been applied--this seems about right. The car looks terrific. 1000p is reputed to be one of the most durable synthetic sealants presently available. I'm hoping it will get us through next April. We shall see.

It is easy to apply and remove (like all sealants and waxes, apply thin), and at $16 for a 15 oz. tin, it's a bargain!

So you like this better than your BFWD?

Dubbin1
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-poli-coat-paint-sealant.html)
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html)

I have been reaching for the Wolfgang more and more lately ;)

akimel
10-22-2010, 02:14 PM
akimel did you put it on by hand or DA?

By hand.

So you like this better than your BFWD?

I wouldn't say that. My personal car is black, and I love BFWD on it. I haven't tried the 1000p on it and probably won't, only because anecdotal testimony suggests that black may not be 1000p's best color. I don't know if that's true, but I feel no urgency to test it.

I have been using Ultima Paint Guard Plus on our silver blue CR-V. I love UPGP, especially because of its ease of use and because I can apply it to trim and cladding (I will thus return to it in the spring); but I slightly prefer 1000p's look on the CR-V. During the winter months my principal concern for the CR-V is the durability of the protectant, and durability is 1000p's strong suit. I haven't tried BFWD on the CR-V, and probably won't--but only because I own too many sealants and need to use them all. :) I'm sure BFWD would look great on the CR-V, too; but once again, I feel no urgency to test it.

A man got to do what he got to do. :xyxthumbs:

SeaJay's
10-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I've only tried the DP Poli-Coat and Wolfgang DGPS and by far the Wolfgang is better.

My recent order just showed up at my house today (haven't been home yet but got UPS delivery notification) that has my Menzerna Power Lock in it that I plan on trying to get on my truck this weekend. We'll see I need to polish my truck and it's probably going to take me more than a couple nights to get it done. I've heard nothing but great things about Power Lock, so we'll see how that goes.

superd
10-22-2010, 02:19 PM
WGDGPS! :dblthumb2:

mbkite
10-22-2010, 02:24 PM
opty seal wowa gets my vote

truckbutt
10-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I recently used Megs M21, the new version of its synthetic sealant. I applied it with a Megs G110v2. It went on easy and wiped off easy. I put a coat of M26 over it for some overkill. We've had alot of rain over the last few weeks on the East Coast. It sems to be holding up very well.

AndrewBall
10-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Klasse AIO works great, easy on and Off. I use this after polishing sometimes with a Gray CCS.

most commonly i use a Klass HG Sealant with a blue CCS. Two coats of this stuff look phenomenal. I use it on all my cars and families cars. They have said time and time again how impressive the shine is and how long it lasts. even on cars stored outside.

CLipster
10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I recently used Menz Power Lock. Like it very much.

wytstang
10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
I am reaching for UPP much more then WG DGS lately.

bleb_1
10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Has anyone heard or used PRO/BAF Paint Sealants?
LINK DELETED
I was told of this by one of the top body men for a large autobody organization. I've searched the net and found that it won some awards about 10 years ago but nothing much else.

fairlady350z
10-22-2010, 04:05 PM
My personal favorite is Poorboys EX sealant, but I've heard a lot of good things about wolfgang's sealant.