PDA

View Full Version : Flitz Power Ball

belcherm58
04-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I was looking at one of these to polish my diamond plate toolbox on my
truck. I looked at the Mothers brand and think the sharp edges will eat the
sponge like material of the Mothers ball up. I cannot tell what the Flitz ball
is made of as I have never seen it in person. Can someone tell me if this
would work on the toolbox? The edges of the diamond plating are very sharp.

Meghan
04-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I will tell you that the Flitz would be much better than Mothers for what you are polishing.

ScottB
04-14-2006, 07:21 PM
The original flitz (orange) is made of a heavy felt like material and would be perfect. It appears the newer paint polisher (purple) might be a different material and might tear.

BritOn2wheels
04-18-2006, 08:12 PM
I use the original orange polishing ball and flitz paste on the diamond plate toolboxes of my work truck with great results. Just be careful to try and make sure you are rotating away from the sharp edges rather than onto them. (Having said that, Flitz's instructions tell you to use only in a forward or right rotation. So you might have to turn yourself around accordingly).

Sleper
04-20-2006, 07:37 AM
I use the original orange polishing ball and flitz paste on the diamond plate toolboxes of my work truck with great results. Just be careful to try and make sure you are rotating away from the sharp edges rather than onto them. (Having said that, Flitz's instructions tell you to use only in a forward or right rotation. So you might have to turn yourself around accordingly).

I agree

MyFirstES300
02-26-2009, 10:02 PM
How would this ball be for wax removal?

mazdaspeed
02-27-2009, 12:08 AM
i have used a power ball on diamond plate it ate the powerball, bought lake county wool balls but have yet to use them...just my .02