PDA

View Full Version : Which one is better overall, Poorboy, Meguairs, Collinite or Pinnacle...?

cityboyshine
10-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Im new to AG... I have an'02 Acura RL that has been waxed with Meguirs for 1 1/2. I have heard so many good things about several products lately and have been considering changin for a deeper shine.

Which one is better overall, Poorboy, Meguairs, Collinite or Pinnacle...?
I use a orbit buffer... All opinions welcome..

Thanks cityboy......Feed back please

Mike Phillips
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi cityboy...

You tagged your question onto my 2nd list of articles here,

Articles by Mike Phillips 2 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/28617-articles-mike-phillips-2-a.html)

That's probably why it didn't get any replies. It's best to "Start a dedicated thread" for your "dedicated topic" and that way you'll avoid taking another thread off topic plus attract forum members with answers to your questions.

I've taken the liberty to move your post out of the above thread and create for you your very own thread.

:dblthumb2:

ScottB
10-21-2010, 05:51 PM
all products have weaknesses and benefits ... its usually up to the end user to choose what works best and looks best in their environment. All will do your ride justice.

longdx
10-21-2010, 06:03 PM
All the companies you listed make fine products. For ease of use in the Sun, Poorboy's. Meguiars has a pretty solid product line and an excellent forum support. Pinnacle is a little more expensive than the others, but produces an incredible shine. Collinite is little marketed and definitely not flashy, but their products product lasting protection.

So the short answer for you is to stick with a line that you like. (unless you like to experiment). For example, last winter I used PB's Black Hole (glaze) and finished it with 2 thin coats of Collinite IW845 (a great combination IMO)

Silverstone
10-24-2010, 08:35 PM
You left out Wolfgang. I've been using their sealant for two years now and it's really great. Long lasting sealant with depth like a wax, and super easy to buff off.
I've also been removing swirls with Menzerna polishes which are easy to use and work great, and WG makes a pre wax cleaner/polish with Menzerna polish in it, so I would think if you're looking for something new you'd probably like the WG line too.

Shane731
10-24-2010, 08:41 PM
DP, and Menzerna polishes. :dblthumb2:

Larry A
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Its all about opinoins. Different people like different products. I myself like Duragloss products. If you use Meguiars, Mothers, Duragloss, Poorboys, Pinnacle, DP, and Collinite you are good to go.

JohnHenry
10-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Welcome, Cityboy!

All great product lines. IMO, most of the fun of detailing is discovering what you personally like best in different situations.

Good luck!