PDA

View Full Version : Products used?

Palani
10-21-2010, 06:06 AM
What product was used on the vette in the video?

Autogeek's Show Car Garage (http://www.autogeek.net/showcargarage.html)

My vette is the same color as the car in this video.

Thanks! :buffing:

jpegs13
10-21-2010, 07:50 AM
paint-sealant (http://www.palmbeachmotoring.net/ascg-videos/paint-sealant.html)

"Mike demonstrates his technique for applying nonabrasive products. This method ensures thin, even coverage and can minimize the appearance of swirls.

Products Used:

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Cobra Indigo Microfiber Polishing Cloth
Brinkmann Maxfire Dual Xenon Rechargeable Swirl Finder Spotlight
Polishin’ Pal
Lake Country Beveled Edge 3.5 Inch Pad
Pinnacle Foam Wax Applicators"

Dubbin1
10-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Well since that is Max's Vette I'm sure it has the best products AG sells. I have also seen Pinnacle Souveran put on it.

Mike Phillips
10-21-2010, 08:25 AM
When I worked on Max's Corvette for that video it already had a show car finish on it and just to make sure due credit goes where due credit is due... I believe it was Matt, here at work, that buffed out Max's Corvette last when he prepped it for DetailFest and I'm not sure what he used...

Since then I think all that's been done is it's been maintained with Pinnacle Liquid Souveran and Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

:)

Palani
10-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks for the replies, folks. Hopefully I can get my Corvette to look like Max's. I will be using WG TSR 3.0, WG FG 3.0, and WG DGPS 3.0. I also have WG Fuzion. Where would I fit in Fuzion with respect to the three products I just listed?

Thanks.

DARK HORSE
10-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Thanks for the replies, folks. Hopefully I can get my Corvette to look like Max's. I will be using WG TSR 3.0, WG FG 3.0, and WG DGPS 3.0. I also have WG Fuzion. Where would I fit in Fuzion with respect to the three products I just listed?

Thanks.

I would clay first, then use the products as follows;

1- WG TSR 3.0
2- WG FG 3.0
3- WG DGPS 3.0
4- WG Fuzion (Allow at least 12 hours cure time after DGPS before applying your Fuzion).

Palani
10-22-2010, 04:22 AM
I would clay first, then use the products as follows;

1- WG TSR 3.0
2- WG FG 3.0
3- WG DGPS 3.0
4- WG Fuzion (Allow at least 12 hours cure time after DGPS before applying your Fuzion).

I did that procedure with my Honda last week, but didn't use the Fuzion (saving it for my vette! LOL)

Matt S.
10-22-2010, 09:16 AM
If I remember correctly I had used M105/205 with the Flex 3401 and Megs Burgundy / Tan pads to polish it out. I topped it off with Fuzion but I'm pretty sure it was stripped and Wolfgang Deep Gloss was applied in one of Mike's videos.

bodavenport
10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I have only polished one vette, but it took sur buff pads on my Griots with Megs UC and d-151 on green pads followed by 205 on green. There is a post in show and shine of the blue 2000 but it was my "first" so I am sure others have done much better