PDA

View Full Version : removing wax with the PC 7424?

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
i know you can use it to apply the product (not sure if i will go that route) but i can use it to remove/buff the product when it is ready to be removed?

i ordered some microfiber bonnets for this purpose and i hope i can, if not what else would you use? i hate doing it by hand

alban61
11-29-2006, 04:11 PM
Check out this thread....reply #26. It's explained there that you can use the softest foam pad from the brand you choose, to buff off wax too!! Well the whole thread is interesting.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2265

Kelso
11-29-2006, 04:14 PM
i prefer to do application and removal by hand. i just use the pc for actual polishing

ryandamartini
11-29-2006, 04:16 PM
i prefer to do application and removal by hand. i just use the pc for actual polishing

same here. Customers tend to appretiate me doing waxing by hand to make sure I cover absolutely every part of the paint. Saves product as well.

Kelso
11-29-2006, 04:21 PM
i find its easier and faster to go by hand....plus i dont have to try and remove wax out of a pad later that day.

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 07:39 PM
i find its easier and faster to go by hand....plus i dont have to try and remove wax out of a pad later that day.
i plan to apply the wax by hand, that doesn't take too long, then i can just toss the foam pads like i always do

it is the removal that interests me because removing AIO, then SG by hand sucks big time. especially if i decide to add a coat of caranuba over the top of that

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Check out this thread....reply #26. It's explained there that you can use the softest foam pad from the brand you choose, to buff off wax too!! Well the whole thread is interesting.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2265
there is no reply 26 in that thread?

Truls
11-29-2006, 07:54 PM
I have MF bonnets, and i dont use em, MF towels by hand is defenitly the best way to remove the polish/wax.

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
why is that? it takes too much work/effort

Truls
11-29-2006, 08:49 PM
why is that? it takes too much work/effort

If you remove it at the right time, its not much of a effort. i use the MG series and that is easy to remove with the MF. Other polishes and waxes can be harder to remove as far as I know. its just easyer to fold a MF and wipe, than it is to put the bonnet on, remove it, on, remov etc.

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 09:24 PM
If you remove it at the right time, its not much of a effort. i use the MG series and that is easy to remove with the MF. Other polishes and waxes can be harder to remove as far as I know. its just easyer to fold a MF and wipe, than it is to put the bonnet on, remove it, on, remov etc.
SG does not come off by hand very easily if you let it sit like the directions tell you too

alban61
11-29-2006, 09:41 PM
there is no reply 26 in that thread? Sorry!:o Thought I linked the right one. Here's the correct one.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2518

Flyboy
11-29-2006, 09:47 PM
cool :D